What we do
Policy Development and Coordination: We support the Government of Georgia in Government-wide policy planning and implementation and in introducing strong mechanisms for holistic monitoring and evaluation through training and consultancy support and methodological guidance.
Human Resources Management and Civil Service Reform: We assist formation of increasingly professional, uniformly trained civil service that enjoys protection from arbitrary decisions through increasing knowledge and awareness among civil servants about ongoing civil service reform and its implications; operationalization of a unified training system; introduction of staff performance appraisal based on effective international models; development of tools for alternative dispute resolution mechanisms and engagement of civil society organizations to provide evidence and practical solutions for enhancement of policy planning, civil service reform and public service delivery.
Public Service Delivery: By introducing common standards and principles of public service design and delivery, we work with the Government of Georgia to further institutionalize the achievements made in public service provision and ensure that they are sustainable, replicable and cover the ever-widening array of the government agencies that provide services to citizens and organizations. We also strive to contribute to increased usage of these services online, through improved e-governance platforms.
UNDP supports respective government agencies to:
- Introduce the unified standards of continuous learning and training, on-boarding and induction procedures for a merit-based civil service.
- Advance public policy planning, monitoring and evaluation practices .
- Support the development of civil servants’ performance evaluation system
- Put forward alternative dispute resolution mechanisms for more efficient settlements of the workforce disputes.
- Enhance the quality of public services with greater accountability and responsiveness to citizens’ needs by integrating innovative, consistent and replicable methodologies.
- Expand awareness on e-governance and encouraging citizens across the country to use online services.
- Establish knowledge bases for e-governance service systems to be replicated at home and abroad.
- Open experimentation spaces for organisations, commissioning periodic policy paper and small grant competitions to attract and expand local expertise along with employing the best, innovative international practices for advancing the Public Administration Reform.