Assist Parliament of Georgia in strengthening its evidence-based policy and law-making capacities via:
- Facilitating effective policy and law-making processes in the Parliament through supporting the work of parliamentary committees and thematic rapporteurs.
- Building the capacities of the Parliamentary Research Centre and facilitating its transformation into a research and analytical hub contributing to evidence-based policy and law-making processes in the Parliament.
Support the Parliament of Georgia in improving government oversight functions by:
- Facilitating thematic inquiries and post-legislative scrutiny with particular emphasis on the EU-Georgia Association Agreement priorities and Sustainable Development Goals.
- Improving the Parliament’s oversight capacities in the security sector.
- Enabling effective collaboration between the Parliament and independent state institutions to increase government accountability.
Assist the Parliament of Georgia in enhanced public engagement in parliamentary processes through promotion of participatory democracy and open governance principles via:
- Promoting legislative openness reforms and facilitating the work of the Parliament’s Open Governance Council.
- Raising public awareness on the citizen engagement tools in the parliamentary activities.
- Developing civic education module for Georgia’s secondary schools – Parliament for Children.
Support the Parliament of Georgia in enhancing institutional effectiveness through:
- Reviewing the progress of institutional reforms and facilitating the elaboration of the institutional development strategy for the X parliamentary convocation.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the Parliament’s Rules of Procedure for their further streamlining.
- Facilitating the design of MP and staff induction programs for 2020.
- Developing Business Continuity Management (BCM) system and capacities in the Parliament.
Support the Supreme Council of Ajara in strengthening its institutional performance through:
- Improving institutional development framework and capacities.
- Kicking off openness reforms and building capacities of local CSOs to effectively engage in the Council’s openness activities.