What we do
Policy Development and Coordination: we support the Government of Georgia in policy planning and implementation and in introducing strong mechanisms for monitoring and evaluation.
Human Resources Management and Civil Service Reform: we assist development of a professional civil service recruited and trained to unified standards. Through introducing sound mechanisms, the civil service will be able to protect itself against malpractice and arbitrary decisions; civil servants will be afforded with uniform training and skills they need to do their job and opportunities to grow professionally. Additionally, under the first as well as the second policy areas, particular focus will be devoted to introduction and practical application of the change management methodology.
Public Service Delivery: To keep in pace with fast changing environment, this project supports enhancement of quality of the public services and introduction of the innovative models of delivery which are based on consistent methodology echoing citizens’ needs and incorporating public feedback. Creation of Competency Centre is yet another initiative which will promote replication of successful reforms and best practices abroad in the countries of similar development context.
UNDP supports respective government agencies to:
- Introduce the unified standards of lifelong learning and training, on-boarding and induction procedures for a merit-based civil service.
- Advance coaching and strategic planning practices for senior government officials.
- Put forward alternative dispute resolution mechanisms for more efficient settlements of work related disputes.
- Enhance the quality of public services with greater accountability and responsiveness to citizens’ needs by integrating innovative, consistent and replicable methodologies, analysing existent trends and addressing consumer feedback.
- Expand awareness on e-governance and encouraging citizens across the country to use online services.
- Establish knowledge bases for e-governance service systems to be replicated at home and abroad.
- Open experimentation spaces for citizens, commissioning periodic policy paper and small grant competitions to attract and expand local expertise along with employing the best, innovative international practices for advancing the Public Administration Reform.