A Story of Tolerance
Short stories can capture most complex social perceptions– proves UNDP’s innovative methodology of micro-narratives. Together with the Public Defender’s Office of Georgia, UNDP collects stories from all over the country to research what Georgians really think of tolerance, discrimination and equality.
The research kicked off in March 2014 and will continue till the end of the year. Anonymous stories collected by the Civil Society Organizations as well as the students of Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University and Georgian Institute of Public Affairs (GIPA), will be processed with specialized software, SenseMaker®, which allows exploring underlying causes of persistent problems and coming up with unexpected solutions.
Unlike more traditional data collecting methods, such as quantitative and qualitative surveys, micro-narratives show how social attitudes evolve over time, track the effectiveness of measures designed to improve a particular situation, and provide story-tellers with the opportunity to define their own standing towards the issue leaving no room for a different interpretation.
The participants of this innovative exercise are being asked to tell a story about people they see as different, for example, different gender,ethnic, religious or sexual minorities. The respondents are free to describe their personal or someone else’s experience, or share their feelings and thoughts.
More than 200 responses have been collected so far. Everyone can take part online, a short questionnaire only takes 15 minutes to fill up.
Rusudan Tushuri, UNDP Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Khatuna Sandroshvili, Innovations Specialist, email@example.com
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org 995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- Rehabilitation of Vashlovani Pastures 5 hours ago
- Students of Groningen University discuss confidence building initiatives and the joint work of UNDP and the European Union in Georgia. გაეროს სახლში გაიმართას შეხვედრა გრონინგენის უნივერსიტეტის სტუდენტებთან, რომლებიც გაეცნენ ნდობის აღდგენასთან დაკავშირებულ ინიციატივებს და გაეროსა და ევროკავშირის ერთობლივ პროექტებს საქართველოში. 28 April AT 04:00 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook