Human Development Report 2014
Tokyo, 24 July 2014 — Levels in human development continues to rise – yet the pace has slowed for all regions and progress has been highly uneven, according to the latest Human Development Index (HDI) included in the 2014 Human Development Report “Sustaining Human Progress: Reducing Vulnerabilities and Building Resilience”, published today by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Brief facts from the Human Development Report 2014:
- Almost 1.5 billion people in the world are multidimensionally poor—with overlapping deprivations in education, health and living standards.
- 800 million in the world are at risk of falling back into poverty.
- Nearly 80 percent of the global population lack social protection.
- More than 200 million people a year, most of them in developing countries, are affected by natural disasters.
- The number of people displaced by conflict or persecution is the highest in 18 years —45 million by the end of 2012.
Brief facts about Georgia:
- Georgia’s Human Development Index (HDI) value for 2013 is 0.744— which is in the high human development category.
- Georgia ranks 79 out of 187 countries and territories.
- Between 2005 and 2013, Georgia’s HDI value increased from 0.710 to 0.744, an increase of 4.8 percent or an average annual increase of about 0.58 percent.
- However, when the value of Georgia’s HDI is discounted for inequality, the HDI falls to 0.636, a loss of 14.5 percent due to inequality in the distribution of the dimension indices.
- The average loss due to inequality for high HDI countries is 19.7 percent and for Europe and Central Asia it is 13.3 percent. The Human inequality coefficient for Georgia is equal to 14.0 percent.
See all press releases at the HDR website.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 599 196907
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- Seeking innovative initiatives in a wide range of areas and activities, including support to improving the lives of people and living conditions of local communities affected by conflict. COBERM-3 საპროექტო იდეების მიღებას იწყებს. მიყევით ლინკს მეტი ინფორმაციისათვის. 23 August AT 03:59 AM
- What World would you rather live in? Take this brand new quiz on the World Humanitarian Day. And remember choices in the quiz are based on real situations faced by people in crisis every day: #ShareHumanity. როგორ მსოფლიოში გსურთ ცხოვრება? მსოფლიო ჰუმანიტარულ დღეს გაიარეთ ჩვენი ახალი ტესტი, რომლის კითხვები დაფუძნებულია იმ სიტუაციებზე, კრიზისში მცხოვრები მოსახლეობა ყოველდღიურად რომ აწყდება. 19 August AT 07:47 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook