Kharagauli for environment-friendly waste management
7 July 2014. Kharagauli. Representatives of the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia and the UNDP join a waste management day in Kharagauli.
Minister Khatuna Gogaladze and the Head of UNDP in Georgia, Niels Scott, checked the work of a press for processing plastic bags and bottles. They also visited the exhibition of environmental posters organised by the young activists in the Kharagauli Park.
Civil society groups in Kharagauli have been working for the last year to introduce environment-friendly practices in waste management. In cooperation with the local municipality they installed 26 alternative waste collectors for plastic bags and bottles, and arranged information sessions for the local residents and open lessons for kids. Plastic waste collected throughout the municipality will be processed in the Business Yard in Kharagauli. The special press allows for safe processing without burning, which reduces the emissions of harmful substances.
The initiative is being led by the non-governmental organization Women for Country’s Future with assistance from the UNDP/GEF Small Grants Programme.
The waste management day in Kharagauli closes a month-long public campaign My Environment organised by UNDP and the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia to celebrate World Environment Day 2014.
Maia Sikharulidze, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia, email@example.com, +995 577 343355 (cell)
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 599 196907 (cell)
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 16 Jul 2016:Small Farmers Meet High-Ranking EU Officials
- 30 Jun 2016:Agriculture and Rural Development in Focus of the Georgian Media
- "Objective media plays a critical role at the time of elections", Natia Natsvlishvili for Rustavi 2 speaking of first findings of #mediamonitoring. "ობიექტური მედია განსაკუთრებით მნიშვნელოვანია არჩევნების დროს", ნათია ნაცვლიშვილი მედია მონიტორინგის პირველი ანგარიშის შესახებ. Friday AT 09:11 AM
- First finding of election #mediamonitoring at პირველი არხი Friday AT 08:28 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook