Assistance to the areas affected by conflicts
KASPI. 26 June 2014 – More than 200 farming households in the Kaspi municipality received saplings of tomatoes, eggplants and peppers for their gardens. The assistance to the Shida Kartli villages is part of a joint initiative of the UNDP and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to support local residents in the areas adjacent to the Administrative Boundary Line.
Representatives of the United Nations and local authorities visited the villages of Karafila and Saribari today. They attended the distribution of saplings and met with local residents.
Six villages and over 1500 people, most of them displaced, benefit from the UN assistance, such as: technical support and vocational education for small farmers; arrangement of demonstration plots; rehabilitation of kindergartens and water supply systems.
With the budget of USD 400 000, the 18-month project will run till July 2015.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, email@example.com, +995 599 196907
Nino Kajaia, UNHCR in Georgia, KAJAIA@unhcr.org,
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia Wednesday AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " Wednesday AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook