Assistance to the areas affected by conflicts
KASPI. 26 June 2014 – More than 200 farming households in the Kaspi municipality received saplings of tomatoes, eggplants and peppers for their gardens. The assistance to the Shida Kartli villages is part of a joint initiative of the UNDP and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to support local residents in the areas adjacent to the Administrative Boundary Line.
Representatives of the United Nations and local authorities visited the villages of Karafila and Saribari today. They attended the distribution of saplings and met with local residents.
Six villages and over 1500 people, most of them displaced, benefit from the UN assistance, such as: technical support and vocational education for small farmers; arrangement of demonstration plots; rehabilitation of kindergartens and water supply systems.
With the budget of USD 400 000, the 18-month project will run till July 2015.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 599 196907
Nino Kajaia, UNHCR in Georgia, KAJAIA@unhcr.org,
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 16 Jul 2016:Small Farmers Meet High-Ranking EU Officials
- 30 Jun 2016:Agriculture and Rural Development in Focus of the Georgian Media
- "Objective media plays a critical role at the time of elections", Natia Natsvlishvili for Rustavi 2 speaking of first findings of #mediamonitoring. "ობიექტური მედია განსაკუთრებით მნიშვნელოვანია არჩევნების დროს", ნათია ნაცვლიშვილი მედია მონიტორინგის პირველი ანგარიშის შესახებ. Yesterday AT 09:11 AM
- First finding of election #mediamonitoring at პირველი არხი Yesterday AT 08:28 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook