Mental Health System Reform Goes on
TBILISI. 12 June 2014 –Ongoing reform of the mental health system in Georgia and National Action Plan were in focus of a discussion today, 12 June 2014.
The meeting brought together representatives of the Ministry of Labour, Health and Social Affairs of Georgia, Parliament of Georgia, and international experts from the leading research centres – Gulbenkian Global Mental Health Platform, Institute of Psychiatry (King’s College, London, UK) and Lisbon University (Portugal).
Mariam Jashi, Deputy Minister of Labor, Health and Social Affairs,and Natia Natsvlishvili, Assistant Resident Representative of UNDP in Georgia, welcomed participants at the opening session.
In December 2013,the Parliament of Georgia adopted the National Strategy on Mental Health which sets strategic objectives and policy directions for improving mental health system in Georgia. The Action Plan will define concrete initiatives for the period of eight years. The draft version of the document is an outcome of collaboration between 30 national and international experts.
The visit of international experts was supported by UNDP and the Swedish Government in cooperation with Global Initiative in Psychiatry – Tbilisi.
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 27 Jul 2016:What Do Georgians Think About Public Services?
- 26 Jul 2016:Public School Opens Doors to Professional Education
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 83% of highland population in Georgia complains about the poor quality of roads. Find out more in our new research: http://bit.ly/2agJqG1 მაღალმთიანი დასახლებების მაცხოვრებელთა 83%-ს მიაჩნია, რომ მათი სოფლების შიდა გზები ცუდ მდგომარეობაშია. მეტი ინფორმაცია ჩვენს ახალ კვლევაში: http://bit.ly/2aaWy4J 23 hours ago
- About 50% of rural population in Georgia still does not have access to cleaning service. Find out more in our new research: http://bit.ly/2agJqG1 სოფლის მოსახლეობის ნახევარს კვლავაც არ მიეწოდება ნარჩენების გატანის მომსახურება. მეტი ინფორმაცია ჩვენს ახალ კვლევაში: http://bit.ly/2aaWy4J 23 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook