Mental Health System Reform Goes on
TBILISI. 12 June 2014 –Ongoing reform of the mental health system in Georgia and National Action Plan were in focus of a discussion today, 12 June 2014.
The meeting brought together representatives of the Ministry of Labour, Health and Social Affairs of Georgia, Parliament of Georgia, and international experts from the leading research centres – Gulbenkian Global Mental Health Platform, Institute of Psychiatry (King’s College, London, UK) and Lisbon University (Portugal).
Mariam Jashi, Deputy Minister of Labor, Health and Social Affairs,and Natia Natsvlishvili, Assistant Resident Representative of UNDP in Georgia, welcomed participants at the opening session.
In December 2013,the Parliament of Georgia adopted the National Strategy on Mental Health which sets strategic objectives and policy directions for improving mental health system in Georgia. The Action Plan will define concrete initiatives for the period of eight years. The draft version of the document is an outcome of collaboration between 30 national and international experts.
The visit of international experts was supported by UNDP and the Swedish Government in cooperation with Global Initiative in Psychiatry – Tbilisi.
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia 27 April AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " 27 April AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook