Preserving Biodiversity in Ajara
The Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) are launching a new initiative to assist the Protected Areas in Ajara Autonomous Republic.
Minister Khatuna Gogaladze and the Head of UNDP in Georgia, Niels Scott, signed the agreement which will support the expansion of the protected areas network in Ajara, including the Kintrishi National Reserve, Mtirala and newly established Machakela National Parks.
The four-year programme will improve financial and administrative management of the Protected Areas. It will assist the local residents to take part in decision-making and benefit from the expansion of the national parks through new employment and business opportunities, raised incomes and improved livelihoods.
The programme will also promote cooperation of the Ajara Protected Areas with the Jamili Biosphere Reserve in Turkey which together form the unique Colchic Forests and create exceptional opportunities for environmental tourism.
The programme is funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and UNDP with the total budget of more than US$ 1.3million.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 599 196907 (cell)
Maia Sikharulidze, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia, email@example.com, +995 577 343355 (cell)
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org 995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 16 Jul 2016:Small Farmers Meet High-Ranking EU Officials
- 30 Jun 2016:Agriculture and Rural Development in Focus of the Georgian Media
- "Objective media plays a critical role at the time of elections", Natia Natsvlishvili for Rustavi 2 speaking of first findings of #mediamonitoring. "ობიექტური მედია განსაკუთრებით მნიშვნელოვანია არჩევნების დროს", ნათია ნაცვლიშვილი მედია მონიტორინგის პირველი ანგარიშის შესახებ. Yesterday AT 09:11 AM
- First finding of election #mediamonitoring at პირველი არხი Yesterday AT 08:28 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook