My Environment campaign kicks off in Georgia
TBILISI. 4 June 2014 – Georgia is celebrating World Environment Day 2014 with a series of environmental events and activities. Public actions, exhibitions, youth activities, conferences and rallies will roll out in June across the country.
With the slogan My Environment, the campaign highlights that we all take responsibility for our planet and can bring about a change by joining hands for greener and safer future.
The World Environment Day campaign is organized by the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in cooperation with the Government, international partners, civil society organizations and youth groups.
The events and activities are funded by the Government of Georgia, Government of Finland, European Union, UNDP and Global Environmental Facility (GEF).
3-4 June- 10:00 – 17:00- Regional workshop on pasture management: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova. Tbilisi
5 June -Youth action in support of restoring the degraded kand. Chiatura
5 June- Institutional Reform of the Forestry Sector in Georgia. Tbilisi. Hotel Complex “Bazaleti”
6 June- 12:00 – 15:00-Restoring Kolkhetian pheasant in a natural habitat: opening of an incubator. Vashlovani Protected Areas
7 June- 12:00 – 17:00. Borjomi
- Visit to the forest restoration site
- Open air youth action“My Environment”
- Bicycle rally
10-12 June- 10:00 – 17:00- Workshop on Regional Environmental Emergencies. Tbilisi. Hotel Betsy’s
28 June. Kharagauli
- New practices in waste management: Demonstration of the new methods for processing plastic waste
- Exhibition of environmental posters
4 June – 2 July - Restoration of pine trees in 10 villages. Tusheti Protected Areas
4 July- Environmental monitoring: a trial flight of theeco-patrolling airplane
Maia Sikharulidze, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia, email@example.com, +995 577 343355 (cell)
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 599 196907 (cell)
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 04 May 2016:Promoting Sustainable Pastures in Vashlovani Protected Areas
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- Shombi Sharp: "The initiative in Vashlovani Protected Areas is an example of how the protection of the environment can contribute to sustainable development, economic growth and wellbeing of people. Our joint work with the European Union in Georgia and Government of Georgia helps rehabilitate degraded pastures and improve shepherd and farmer livelihoods. It was great to see these important results firsthand." Shombi Sharp, Deputy Head of UNDP Georgia; Ekaterine Grigalava, Deputy Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia; Lasha Moistsrapishvili, Chairman of the Agency of Protected Areas, visited Vashlovani on 4 May to see the results of the project "Clima East: Sustainable Management of Pastures in Georgia". Photos: April Elise Gordon / UNDP გარემოს დაცვის სამინისტრო დაცული ტერიტორიების სააგენტო / Agency of Protected Areas (Georgia) 16 hours ago
- New water supply system for fifteen sheep farms, automatic meteorological stations, unified veterinary service to serve 30 thousand sheep and pilot demo farms to show best practices in sheep breeding - these are the results of a 4-year project to rehabilitate pastures in Vashlovani and improve the lives of Tush shepherds. 4,000 ha of degraded pastures and 300 ha of sheep migratory routes will be fully rehabilitated by the end of the project in December 2016. European Union in Georgia UNDP Georgia გარემოს დაცვის სამინისტრო დაცული ტერიტორიების სააგენტო / Agency of Protected Areas (Georgia) 19 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook