My Environment campaign kicks off in Georgia
TBILISI. 4 June 2014 – Georgia is celebrating World Environment Day 2014 with a series of environmental events and activities. Public actions, exhibitions, youth activities, conferences and rallies will roll out in June across the country.
With the slogan My Environment, the campaign highlights that we all take responsibility for our planet and can bring about a change by joining hands for greener and safer future.
The World Environment Day campaign is organized by the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in cooperation with the Government, international partners, civil society organizations and youth groups.
The events and activities are funded by the Government of Georgia, Government of Finland, European Union, UNDP and Global Environmental Facility (GEF).
3-4 June- 10:00 – 17:00- Regional workshop on pasture management: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova. Tbilisi
5 June -Youth action in support of restoring the degraded kand. Chiatura
5 June- Institutional Reform of the Forestry Sector in Georgia. Tbilisi. Hotel Complex “Bazaleti”
6 June- 12:00 – 15:00-Restoring Kolkhetian pheasant in a natural habitat: opening of an incubator. Vashlovani Protected Areas
7 June- 12:00 – 17:00. Borjomi
- Visit to the forest restoration site
- Open air youth action“My Environment”
- Bicycle rally
10-12 June- 10:00 – 17:00- Workshop on Regional Environmental Emergencies. Tbilisi. Hotel Betsy’s
28 June. Kharagauli
- New practices in waste management: Demonstration of the new methods for processing plastic waste
- Exhibition of environmental posters
4 June – 2 July - Restoration of pine trees in 10 villages. Tusheti Protected Areas
4 July- Environmental monitoring: a trial flight of theeco-patrolling airplane
Maia Sikharulidze, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 577 343355 (cell)
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, email@example.com, +995 599 196907 (cell)
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 27 მაისს ბათუმის საზღვაო პორტში შევა ევროკავშირის ყველაზე დიდი სამეცნიერო-კვლევითი ხომალდი „მარე ნიგრუმ“, რომლის მეშვეობით ხორციელდება შავი ზღვის უნიკალური ქართულ-უკრაინული კვლევა. კვლევის ფარგლებში ჩატარდება უნიკალური დაკვირვებები, რომლებიც არასდროს შესრულებულა შავი ზღვის კვლევის ისტორიაში. შავი ზღვის კვლევა ხორციელდება ევროკავშირისა და გაეროს განვითარების პროგრამის (UNDP) ინიციატივით. #BlackSeaSurveys UNDP Georgia UNDP in Europe and Central Asia Програма Розвитку ООН United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Ukraine European Union in Georgia 3 hours ago
- Research ship Mare Nigrum will be arriving to Batumi from Odessa on 27 May. Why are the #BlackSeaSurveys so unique? Check our 10 facts: 1. First deep open Black Sea surveys in 21st century. 2. First joint Georgia-Ukraine surveys. 3. First survey of a good environmental status of the Black Sea. 4. For screening of emerging organic pollutants in the Black Sea. 5. First large-scale study of marine litter. 6. First “Dolphins’ Facebook” – photographic identity catalogue of dolphins’ populations. 7. First study of marine microbes by their DNA. 8. First study of life in hydrogen sulphide layers in 21st century. 9. First determination of the sea status by dominating algae species. 10. First detailed study of hypoxia. UNDP Georgia Програма Розвитку ООН United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Ukraine European Union in Georgia UNDP in Europe and Central Asia 3 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook