My Environment campaign kicks off in Georgia
TBILISI. 4 June 2014 – Georgia is celebrating World Environment Day 2014 with a series of environmental events and activities. Public actions, exhibitions, youth activities, conferences and rallies will roll out in June across the country.
With the slogan My Environment, the campaign highlights that we all take responsibility for our planet and can bring about a change by joining hands for greener and safer future.
The World Environment Day campaign is organized by the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in cooperation with the Government, international partners, civil society organizations and youth groups.
The events and activities are funded by the Government of Georgia, Government of Finland, European Union, UNDP and Global Environmental Facility (GEF).
3-4 June- 10:00 – 17:00- Regional workshop on pasture management: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova. Tbilisi
5 June -Youth action in support of restoring the degraded kand. Chiatura
5 June- Institutional Reform of the Forestry Sector in Georgia. Tbilisi. Hotel Complex “Bazaleti”
6 June- 12:00 – 15:00-Restoring Kolkhetian pheasant in a natural habitat: opening of an incubator. Vashlovani Protected Areas
7 June- 12:00 – 17:00. Borjomi
- Visit to the forest restoration site
- Open air youth action“My Environment”
- Bicycle rally
10-12 June- 10:00 – 17:00- Workshop on Regional Environmental Emergencies. Tbilisi. Hotel Betsy’s
28 June. Kharagauli
- New practices in waste management: Demonstration of the new methods for processing plastic waste
- Exhibition of environmental posters
4 June – 2 July - Restoration of pine trees in 10 villages. Tusheti Protected Areas
4 July- Environmental monitoring: a trial flight of theeco-patrolling airplane
Maia Sikharulidze, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia, email@example.com, +995 577 343355 (cell)
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 599 196907 (cell)
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 27 Jul 2016:What Do Georgians Think About Public Services?
- 26 Jul 2016:Public School Opens Doors to Professional Education
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 83% of highland population in Georgia complains about the poor quality of roads. Find out more in our new research: http://bit.ly/2agJqG1 მაღალმთიანი დასახლებების მაცხოვრებელთა 83%-ს მიაჩნია, რომ მათი სოფლების შიდა გზები ცუდ მდგომარეობაშია. მეტი ინფორმაცია ჩვენს ახალ კვლევაში: http://bit.ly/2aaWy4J 35 minutes ago
- About 50% of rural population in Georgia still does not have access to cleaning service. Find out more in our new research: http://bit.ly/2agJqG1 სოფლის მოსახლეობის ნახევარს კვლავაც არ მიეწოდება ნარჩენების გატანის მომსახურება. მეტი ინფორმაცია ჩვენს ახალ კვლევაში: http://bit.ly/2aaWy4J 37 minutes ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook