Pastures and Climate Change in focus of Regional Discussion
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Moldova launch a regional discussion on the management of pastures, protection of eco-systems and climate change. The workshop on 3-4 June 2014 brings together representatives of the Ministries of the four countries, European Union, UNDP, and experts on carbon monitoring from Moldova and Germany.
The meeting is organised under the programme Clima East –a European Union funded initiative that assists the Eastern Partnership Countries and Russia in approaches to climate change mitigation and adaptation.
The workshop in Tbilisi is the first regional event that provides forum to the Clima East countries to discuss common issues and challenges of pasture management and formulate specific needs for policy changes.
Sophie Kemkhadze, Deputy Head of UNDP in Georgia: Alvaro Ortega Aparicio, Programme Manager of the European Union Delegation to Georgia; and Grigol Lazriev, Head of Service of Climate Change, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia addressed the participants at the opening session.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, 599 196907 (cell), Sophie.Tchitchinadze@undp.org
Tamar Mikadze, European Union Delegation to Georgia, +995 32 2943763, Tamriko.Mikadze@eeas.europa.eu
Related ProjectClima East:Sustainable Management of Pastures
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 04 May 2016:Promoting Sustainable Pastures in Vashlovani Protected Areas
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- Natia Natsvlishvili of UNDP Georgia speaking in Baku at an official launch of a project that will help Azerbaijan and Georgia to introduce the European standards of border management at the Red Bridge border crossing point. The project is funded by the European Union at a total cost of Euro 2,660,000 million. 6 hours ago
- UNDP offices in #Georgia and #Azerbaijan join hands to help both countries introduce principles of Integrated Border Management at the Red Bridge border crossing point. The initiative is part of a larger programme supported by the European Union. UNDP Georgia UNDP Azerbaijan European Union in Georgia Natia Natsvlishvili Gigi Bregadze Nika Samkharadze 6 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook