Donors for Regional Development
TBILISI. 3 June 2014 – Representatives of the Georgian Government, international development partners and donor organizations got together on 2 June 2014 to discuss the status and prospects of regional and local development in Georgia.
The coordination meeting was hosted by the Parliamentary Committee on Regional Policy and Self-Government.
Niels Scott, Head of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Georgia, and Rudolf Schoch, Regional Director of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), addressed the participants at the opening session.
“Economic and social development of the country starts in the regions and local municipalities. Coordination between the Government and international partners will promote the policy debate and reforms in this area,“ Niels Scott said.
The coordination meeting was organized in the framework of a joint regional initiative of UNDP, SDC and the Austrian Development Agency (ADA).
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP Georgia, email@example.com, +995 599 196907
Related ProjectFostering Regional and Local Development in Georgia
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 04 May 2016:Promoting Sustainable Pastures in Vashlovani Protected Areas
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- Shombi Sharp: "The initiative in Vashlovani Protected Areas is an example of how the protection of the environment can contribute to sustainable development, economic growth and wellbeing of people. Our joint work with the European Union in Georgia and Government of Georgia helps rehabilitate degraded pastures and improve shepherd and farmer livelihoods. It was great to see these important results firsthand." Shombi Sharp, Deputy Head of UNDP Georgia; Ekaterine Grigalava, Deputy Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia; Lasha Moistsrapishvili, Chairman of the Agency of Protected Areas, visited Vashlovani on 4 May to see the results of the project "Clima East: Sustainable Management of Pastures in Georgia". Photos: April Elise Gordon / UNDP გარემოს დაცვის სამინისტრო დაცული ტერიტორიების სააგენტო / Agency of Protected Areas (Georgia) 18 hours ago
- New water supply system for fifteen sheep farms, automatic meteorological stations, unified veterinary service to serve 30 thousand sheep and pilot demo farms to show best practices in sheep breeding - these are the results of a 4-year project to rehabilitate pastures in Vashlovani and improve the lives of Tush shepherds. 4,000 ha of degraded pastures and 300 ha of sheep migratory routes will be fully rehabilitated by the end of the project in December 2016. European Union in Georgia UNDP Georgia გარემოს დაცვის სამინისტრო დაცული ტერიტორიების სააგენტო / Agency of Protected Areas (Georgia) 20 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook