Donors for Regional Development
TBILISI. 3 June 2014 – Representatives of the Georgian Government, international development partners and donor organizations got together on 2 June 2014 to discuss the status and prospects of regional and local development in Georgia.
The coordination meeting was hosted by the Parliamentary Committee on Regional Policy and Self-Government.
Niels Scott, Head of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Georgia, and Rudolf Schoch, Regional Director of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), addressed the participants at the opening session.
“Economic and social development of the country starts in the regions and local municipalities. Coordination between the Government and international partners will promote the policy debate and reforms in this area,“ Niels Scott said.
The coordination meeting was organized in the framework of a joint regional initiative of UNDP, SDC and the Austrian Development Agency (ADA).
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 599 196907
Related ProjectFostering Regional and Local Development in Georgia
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 16 Jul 2016:Small Farmers Meet High-Ranking EU Officials
- 30 Jun 2016:Agriculture and Rural Development in Focus of the Georgian Media
- "Objective media plays a critical role at the time of elections", Natia Natsvlishvili for Rustavi 2 speaking of first findings of #mediamonitoring. "ობიექტური მედია განსაკუთრებით მნიშვნელოვანია არჩევნების დროს", ნათია ნაცვლიშვილი მედია მონიტორინგის პირველი ანგარიშის შესახებ. Friday AT 09:11 AM
- First finding of election #mediamonitoring at პირველი არხი Friday AT 08:28 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook