When Media Meets Agriculture
Twenty journalists from the leading Georgian media are visiting Ajara on 29-30 May to familiarize with the work done in the region under the European Neighbourhood Programme for Agriculture and Rural Development (ENPARD).
On May 29 journalists visited farmers in the villages and learned about the services that help establish farmers’ cooperatives, create production and realization chains and boost agriculture in Ajara.
They also attended the opening of a new branch of the Ajara Agriservice Centre in Shuakhevi during which they were welcomed by Archil Khabadze, Chairperson of the Ajara Autonomous Republic Government; Shalva Pipia, Minister of Agriculture of Georgia; Zaur Putkaradze, Minister of Agriculture of Ajara; Juan Echanove, Attaché in the issues of agriculture at the European Union Delegation; and Sophie Kemkhadze, Deputy Head of UNDP in Georgia.
UNDP also signed a long-term agreement with the Agriservice Centre to continue the ongoing cooperation and assistance.
The media tour is organised by the Delegation of the European Union to Georgia and UNDP in Georgia.
Maia Chitaia, Action Global Communications, 599 490012 (cell), email@example.com
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia: 599 196907 (mobile), firstname.lastname@example.org
Tamar Mikadze, European Union Delegation to Georgia, +995 32 2943763, Tamriko.Mikadze@eeas.europa.eu
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 04 May 2016:Promoting Sustainable Pastures in Vashlovani Protected Areas
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- Natia Natsvlishvili of UNDP Georgia speaking in Baku at an official launch of a project that will help Azerbaijan and Georgia to introduce the European standards of border management at the Red Bridge border crossing point. The project is funded by the European Union at a total cost of Euro 2,660,000 million. 2 hours ago
- UNDP offices in #Georgia and #Azerbaijan join hands to help both countries introduce principles of Integrated Border Management at the Red Bridge border crossing point. The initiative is part of a larger programme supported by the European Union. UNDP Georgia UNDP Azerbaijan European Union in Georgia Natia Natsvlishvili Gigi Bregadze Nika Samkharadze 3 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook