Public Defender’s recommendations fulfilled by 50 percent
The Public Defender of Georgia and the United Nations Development Programme present an independent report which assesses the implementation of the recommendations issued by the Public Defender in 2008-2013 to the Government, Parliament, local self-governance and public institutions.
Ucha Nanuashvili, Public Defender of Georgia, and Niels Scott, Head of UNDP in Georgia attended the official launch of the Report. Giorgi Burjanadze, human rights researcher presented the findings of the study.
The event brought together representatives of the Government, Parliament, civil society and international organizations.
The assessment covers the main areas of the Public Defender’s work, including judiciary, prosecution, social and economic rights, and recommendations to the Parliament. It also includes the statistical data that shows the efficiency and implementation of those recommendations. The research reveals that 309 out of 614 recommendations were implemented in 2008-2013.
The research was undertaken by an independent human rights expert in close cooperation with the Public Defender’s Office and with assistance from the United Nations Development Programme.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, email@example.com, +995 599 196907
Ani Tamazashvili, Public Defender’s Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 595 033232
Related PublicationImplementation of the Public Defender's Recommendations
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia 27 April AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " 27 April AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook