Public Defender’s recommendations fulfilled by 50 percent
The Public Defender of Georgia and the United Nations Development Programme present an independent report which assesses the implementation of the recommendations issued by the Public Defender in 2008-2013 to the Government, Parliament, local self-governance and public institutions.
Ucha Nanuashvili, Public Defender of Georgia, and Niels Scott, Head of UNDP in Georgia attended the official launch of the Report. Giorgi Burjanadze, human rights researcher presented the findings of the study.
The event brought together representatives of the Government, Parliament, civil society and international organizations.
The assessment covers the main areas of the Public Defender’s work, including judiciary, prosecution, social and economic rights, and recommendations to the Parliament. It also includes the statistical data that shows the efficiency and implementation of those recommendations. The research reveals that 309 out of 614 recommendations were implemented in 2008-2013.
The research was undertaken by an independent human rights expert in close cooperation with the Public Defender’s Office and with assistance from the United Nations Development Programme.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, email@example.com, +995 599 196907
Ani Tamazashvili, Public Defender’s Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 595 033232
Related PublicationImplementation of the Public Defender's Recommendations
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 27 Jul 2016:What Do Georgians Think About Public Services?
- 26 Jul 2016:Public School Opens Doors to Professional Education
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 83% of highland population in Georgia complains about the poor quality of roads. Find out more in our new research: http://bit.ly/2agJqG1 მაღალმთიანი დასახლებების მაცხოვრებელთა 83%-ს მიაჩნია, რომ მათი სოფლების შიდა გზები ცუდ მდგომარეობაშია. მეტი ინფორმაცია ჩვენს ახალ კვლევაში: http://bit.ly/2aaWy4J Yesterday AT 07:06 AM
- About 50% of rural population in Georgia still does not have access to cleaning service. Find out more in our new research: http://bit.ly/2agJqG1 სოფლის მოსახლეობის ნახევარს კვლავაც არ მიეწოდება ნარჩენების გატანის მომსახურება. მეტი ინფორმაცია ჩვენს ახალ კვლევაში: http://bit.ly/2aaWy4J Yesterday AT 07:05 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook