New Education in Agriculture
TBILISI. 20 May 2014– Eight new professional courses in agriculture will be introduced in the professional colleges of Georgia in 2014. The retraining programmes for teachers and quality specialists were launched in May.
The training in the Kachreti professional college “Aisi” kicked off on 19 May 2014. Ketevan Natriashvili, Deputy Minister of Education and Science of Georgia; Sophie Kemkhadze, Deputy Head of the United Nations Development programme in Georgia; and Natia Natsvlishvili, Democratic Governance Team Leader at UNDP in Georgia, attended the opening.
The new educational programmes respond to the most pressing needs of the labour market in agriculture. The modern modular training will be provided in the following eight professions: Farmer, Winemaker/Winegrower, Plant Specialist, Fruit Gardener, Stockbreeder, Veterinarian, Fruit and Vegetables Processing Specialist, Milk Processing Specialist. Farmer as a profession will be first introduced in the professional colleges of Georgia.
The educational programmes comply with the modern standards of professional education and ensure the comprehensive training and strong employment opportunities. The programmes were developed in close cooperation with the potential employers; more than 50 percent of practical training will be provided in the production companies and farms.
In summer 2014, the new educational programmes will be piloted in the professional colleges in Kachreti, Akhaltsikhe, Telavi and Senaki. Up to 130 students will enrol to the new courses.
The new educational programmes in agriculture resulted from joint efforts of the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia and the United Nations Development Programme in Georgia with financial support from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP Georgia, email@example.com, +995 599 196907
Related ProjectSkills for Agriculture
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia Wednesday AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " Wednesday AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook