Boosting Economic Growth in Ajara
16 May 2014. Niels Scott, Head of the United Nations Development Programme in Georgia, is visiting Ajara where he met Archil Khabadze, Chairman of the Ajara Autonomous Republic Government, representatives of the ministries as well as entrepreneurs and farmers.
Niels Scott and Archil Khabadze visited the Batumi Business Incubator to celebrate a five-year anniversary of its successful operation. Established in 2009, the Batumi Business Incubator provides a package of services to help start-up companies survive and grow. Over 80 percent of the incubated companies settle in business generating over 600 regular and short-term jobs.
Niels Scott also traveled to Kobuleti to see the newly opened branch of the Ajara Agriservice Centre, which provides consultation and training to the farmers in the areas of the business development and modern agriculture technologies, including for food processing, agronomy, animal husbandry, veterinary, plant protection. The Agriservice Centre works in partnership with the European Neighbourhood Programme for Agriculture and Rural Development (ENPARD), which promotes agriculture development as a foundation for food security, sustainable production and rural employment.
UNDP has been working in Ajara since 2008 boosting the efforts of the national and regional governments to promote economic growth, increase employment, protect unique eco systems and biodiversity, and ensure sustainable growth for all.
Related ProjectAgriculture Development in Ajara
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 16 Jul 2016:Small Farmers Meet High-Ranking EU Officials
- 30 Jun 2016:Agriculture and Rural Development in Focus of the Georgian Media
- "Objective media plays a critical role at the time of elections", Natia Natsvlishvili for Rustavi 2 speaking of first findings of #mediamonitoring. "ობიექტური მედია განსაკუთრებით მნიშვნელოვანია არჩევნების დროს", ნათია ნაცვლიშვილი მედია მონიტორინგის პირველი ანგარიშის შესახებ. Yesterday AT 09:11 AM
- First finding of election #mediamonitoring at პირველი არხი Yesterday AT 08:28 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook