Twitter press conference
Twitter press conference Monday, May 12, 11 AM CET #FutureSpotters
A twitterstorm is to introduce and connect individuals who are building the future in Georgia, Armenia and in Egypt: skilled engineers, journalists, social and development workers, designers, eco farmers, environmental activists, collaborative consumption entrepreneurs, urban researchers, human rights activists, open source, open data enthusiasts and many more.
We think of it this way: the more we share individual experiences, the better our chances to build support around change-makers work in local communities and internationally.
Dozens of individuals across the globe come online at the same time and tweet #futurespotters in sync for one hour. Everyone and anyone is welcome to join, why should you?
- you can catch up on groundbreaking work happening at the edges
- you can give a shout out to projects you care about in the Caucasus and Egypt region
- you are part of a global network and support Edgeryders as we march to spot the future.
Spotlight: We will also take Monday’s twitterstorm opportunity to release an open call for participation at the international gathering of the newly formed Futurespotters community - in Tbilisi, Georgia on the 24th-26th of June 2014. Save the date!
Event background: Spot the Future is a foresight exercise implemented in the spring of 2014, funded by the United Nations and driven by Edgeryders. It aims at detecting trends in the activist and social innovation scene in Armenia, Egypt, Georgia, as depicted by the citizens who drive them. Read more.
About Edgeryders: Edgeryders are a global community of over 2000 individuals experimenting with solutions to social, economic, ecological challenges. We collaborate online on our open, free and self-hosted platform, and gather physically about once a year in whole-community scale events. In 2013 a social enterprise was created to further the work of Edgeryders members and better support initiatives that need an organisational resource and infrastructure to leverage their impact.
edgeryders.eu/content/spot-the-future-about | email@example.com | twitter.com/edgeryders | facebook.com/edgeryders
Khatuna Sandroshvili, UNDP in Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- Seeking innovative initiatives in a wide range of areas and activities, including support to improving the lives of people and living conditions of local communities affected by conflict. COBERM-3 საპროექტო იდეების მიღებას იწყებს. მიყევით ლინკს მეტი ინფორმაციისათვის. Yesterday AT 03:59 AM
- What World would you rather live in? Take this brand new quiz on the World Humanitarian Day. And remember choices in the quiz are based on real situations faced by people in crisis every day: #ShareHumanity. როგორ მსოფლიოში გსურთ ცხოვრება? მსოფლიო ჰუმანიტარულ დღეს გაიარეთ ჩვენი ახალი ტესტი, რომლის კითხვები დაფუძნებულია იმ სიტუაციებზე, კრიზისში მცხოვრები მოსახლეობა ყოველდღიურად რომ აწყდება. 19 August AT 07:47 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook