Swiss Way for Georgian Farmers
Agriculture in Georgia benefits from deeper ties with Switzerland
GENEVA. 8 May 2014 – The Georgian delegation is visiting Switzerland to familiarize with country’s experience in the area of the Vocational Education and Extension Services for farmers.
On 7 -9 May, representatives of the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia, Parliament of Georgia, the Ministry of Agriculture, the Agriculture Scientific-Research Centre and the Sheep Breeders Association of Georgia held official meetings at AGRIDEA – the Swiss Association for the development of agriculture and rural areas, Ministry of Agriculture of Switzerland and Bern University of Applied Sciences.
Georgian and Swiss colleagues discussed the ways to develop more effective training and advisory systems for farmers. They also agreed on deeper cooperation between the two countries.
By the end of the visit, the Georgian delegation will participate in the annual conference held by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation in Lucerne.
The Georgian delegation is accompanied by Rudolf Schoch, Regional Director of Swiss Cooperation Office for the South Caucasus, and Sophie Kemkhadze, Deputy Head of UNDP in Georgia.
The visit is organized with assistance from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the United Nations Development Programme in Georgia in cooperation with AGRIDEA.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP Georgia, email@example.com, +995 599 196907
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 27 Jul 2016:What Do Georgians Think About Public Services?
- 26 Jul 2016:Public School Opens Doors to Professional Education
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 83% of highland population in Georgia complains about the poor quality of roads. Find out more in our new research: http://bit.ly/2agJqG1 მაღალმთიანი დასახლებების მაცხოვრებელთა 83%-ს მიაჩნია, რომ მათი სოფლების შიდა გზები ცუდ მდგომარეობაშია. მეტი ინფორმაცია ჩვენს ახალ კვლევაში: http://bit.ly/2aaWy4J Yesterday AT 07:06 AM
- About 50% of rural population in Georgia still does not have access to cleaning service. Find out more in our new research: http://bit.ly/2agJqG1 სოფლის მოსახლეობის ნახევარს კვლავაც არ მიეწოდება ნარჩენების გატანის მომსახურება. მეტი ინფორმაცია ჩვენს ახალ კვლევაში: http://bit.ly/2aaWy4J Yesterday AT 07:05 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook