Development Solutions for Georgia’s Mountains
TBILISI. 25 April 2014 – The Government of Georgia joins hands with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) to promote development in the mountainous regions of Georgia.
On 24 April 2014, Government officials, heads of local administrations, experts and representatives of international organizations got together at a workshop to discuss the strategies and policies that can boost development in the mountainous areas and address the immediate problems of the local residents.
The workshop participants agreed that the establishment of a State Commission on Mountainous Regions’ Development will push forward the process of designing strategic documents and legislation. UNDP, SDC and ADA reiterated their commitment to assist the Government in these efforts.
The research commissioned by UNDP in 2013 shows that 73 percent of the families living in the mountainous areas of Georgia are vulnerable and the socio-economic and demographic development trends are highly negative. The joint initiative of the UNDP, SDC, ADA and the Government addresses these problems and assists in creating sustainable development solutions for the mountainous regions of Georgia.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, Sophie.Tchitchinadze@undp.org, 599 196907 (cell)
Related ProjectFostering Regional and Local Development in Georgia
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communcations Analyst
email@example.com 995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- Rehabilitation of Vashlovani Pastures 9 hours ago
- Students of Groningen University discuss confidence building initiatives and the joint work of UNDP and the European Union in Georgia. გაეროს სახლში გაიმართას შეხვედრა გრონინგენის უნივერსიტეტის სტუდენტებთან, რომლებიც გაეცნენ ნდობის აღდგენასთან დაკავშირებულ ინიციატივებს და გაეროსა და ევროკავშირის ერთობლივ პროექტებს საქართველოში. 28 April AT 04:00 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook