Parliament of Georgia joins hands with European Union and UNDP
The European Union and UNDP continue to assist parliamentary democracy in Georgia. A new initiative was officially launched on Thursday, 10 April 2014.
David Usupashvili, Chairman of the Parliament of Georgia; Ambassador Philip Dimitrov, Head of the Delegation of the European Union to Georgia; and Niels Scott, UNDP Resident Representative in Georgia, delivered a key speech.
The 2.5-year project will assist the Parliament to facilitate the cooperation with the European counterparts; promote a public dialogue about the European integration;invite high-level international advisors for strategic advice to the Parliament’s leadership; control the state budget effectively; provide Citizens with easier access to information.
In addition, the European Union and UNDP will help the Parliament to complete the ongoing institutional reform, as well as revise the Parliament’s Rules of Procedures and align them with the latest constitutional amendments.
With the budget of € 1.6 million the project is co-funded by the European Union and the Parliament of Georgia, and will be implemented by the United Nations Development Programme.
The project builds on the UNDP’s decade long assistance to the Parliament in the main areas of its constitutional responsibility.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, Sophie.Tchitchinadze@undp.org, 599 196907 (cell)
Tamar Mikadze, European Union Delegation to Georgia, Tamriko.Mikadze@eeas.europa.eu, +995 32 2943763+995 32 2943763
Related ProjectStrengthening Parliamentary Democracy in Georgia
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communcations Analyst
email@example.com 995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 16 Jul 2016:Small Farmers Meet High-Ranking EU Officials
- 30 Jun 2016:Agriculture and Rural Development in Focus of the Georgian Media
- "Objective media plays a critical role at the time of elections", Natia Natsvlishvili for Rustavi 2 speaking of first findings of #mediamonitoring. "ობიექტური მედია განსაკუთრებით მნიშვნელოვანია არჩევნების დროს", ნათია ნაცვლიშვილი მედია მონიტორინგის პირველი ანგარიშის შესახებ. Yesterday AT 09:11 AM
- First finding of election #mediamonitoring at პირველი არხი Friday AT 08:28 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook