Leading Georgian Universities to Teach a Course on Homelessness and Social Housing
Tbilisi. The Swiss Agency of Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the UNDP assisted Ilia University and Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University to develop an educational module for the Master Programmes in Social Work.
The official handover of the training course ‘Homelessness, Social Housing and Social Work’ took place on Friday, 4 April 2014, 15:00, in the United Nations House.
Martina Ramming, Head of SDC Humanitarian Aid Unit; Inita Paulovica, Deputy Head of UNDP in Georgia; Ms. Nino Chavchavadze, Deputy Minister of Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Accommodation and Refugees of Georgia, Nugzar Chitaia, Head of Higher Education Development Division, Ministry of Education and Science, Gia Mamrikishvili, Head of Healthcare and Social Service Committee, Tbilisi City Hall, Giga Zedania, Rector of Ilia State University and Iago Kachkachishvili, Head of the Department of Sociology and Social Studies at Tbilisi State University, as well as representatives of the Government and Tbilisi City Hall Office attended the ceremony.
The training course is designed for social workers and looks into the ways to mitigate and resolve the problem of homelessness, a persisting social issue which affects the most vulnerable. It provides historic overview of social housing, discusses international practice and different models, and examines national experience of social housing in Georgia.
The insights and case studies of the course are based on the practical experience of the SDC’s ongoing programme which aims to promote a concept of social housing in Georgia and create options of affordable housing for the most vulnerable.
Related ProjectSocial Service for Vulnerable
Related PublicationHomelessness, Social Housing and Social Work
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 16 Jul 2016:Small Farmers Meet High-Ranking EU Officials
- 30 Jun 2016:Agriculture and Rural Development in Focus of the Georgian Media
- "Objective media plays a critical role at the time of elections", Natia Natsvlishvili for Rustavi 2 speaking of first findings of #mediamonitoring. "ობიექტური მედია განსაკუთრებით მნიშვნელოვანია არჩევნების დროს", ნათია ნაცვლიშვილი მედია მონიტორინგის პირველი ანგარიშის შესახებ. Friday AT 09:11 AM
- First finding of election #mediamonitoring at პირველი არხი Friday AT 08:28 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook