Georgia joins Earth Hour 2014
On Saturday, 29 March 2014, the Round Garden in Tbilisi hosted a traditional celebration of Earth Hour, the world’s largest environmental action when millions of people turn off their lights for greener and safer future of the planet.
The celebration in the Round Garden, in front of the United Nations House, was open to everyone who wanted to show their support to Earth Hour in Georgia. Representatives of the Georgian Government, international organizations, civil society, students, children, joutnalists and musicians got together for an hour with candle-light and live music.
The event was organised by the United Nations in Georgia, the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia and the Caucasus Environmental NGO Network (CENN).
Georgia joined Earth Hour for the sixth time this year. The landmarks in Tbilisi that went dark on 29 March included: the Peace Bridge, Narikala fortress, St. George monument on Freedom Square, Rustaveli and Aghmashenebeli avenues, Youth Palace, Shota Rustaveli Theatre, municipal and governmental offices, Presidential Palace, United Nations House.
Earth Hour was also celebrated in Batumi, Kutaisi and the other cities and regions of Georgia.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 599 196907
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communcations Analyst
email@example.com 995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 27 Jul 2016:What Do Georgians Think About Public Services?
- 26 Jul 2016:Public School Opens Doors to Professional Education
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 83% of highland population in Georgia complains about the poor quality of roads. Find out more in our new research: http://bit.ly/2agJqG1 მაღალმთიანი დასახლებების მაცხოვრებელთა 83%-ს მიაჩნია, რომ მათი სოფლების შიდა გზები ცუდ მდგომარეობაშია. მეტი ინფორმაცია ჩვენს ახალ კვლევაში: http://bit.ly/2aaWy4J Wednesday AT 07:06 AM
- About 50% of rural population in Georgia still does not have access to cleaning service. Find out more in our new research: http://bit.ly/2agJqG1 სოფლის მოსახლეობის ნახევარს კვლავაც არ მიეწოდება ნარჩენების გატანის მომსახურება. მეტი ინფორმაცია ჩვენს ახალ კვლევაში: http://bit.ly/2aaWy4J Wednesday AT 07:05 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook