Georgia joins Earth Hour 2014
On Saturday, 29 March 2014, the Round Garden in Tbilisi hosted a traditional celebration of Earth Hour, the world’s largest environmental action when millions of people turn off their lights for greener and safer future of the planet.
The celebration in the Round Garden, in front of the United Nations House, was open to everyone who wanted to show their support to Earth Hour in Georgia. Representatives of the Georgian Government, international organizations, civil society, students, children, joutnalists and musicians got together for an hour with candle-light and live music.
The event was organised by the United Nations in Georgia, the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia and the Caucasus Environmental NGO Network (CENN).
Georgia joined Earth Hour for the sixth time this year. The landmarks in Tbilisi that went dark on 29 March included: the Peace Bridge, Narikala fortress, St. George monument on Freedom Square, Rustaveli and Aghmashenebeli avenues, Youth Palace, Shota Rustaveli Theatre, municipal and governmental offices, Presidential Palace, United Nations House.
Earth Hour was also celebrated in Batumi, Kutaisi and the other cities and regions of Georgia.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 599 196907
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communcations Analyst
email@example.com 995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia Wednesday AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " Wednesday AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook