Earth Hour 2014 in Georgia
The Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources protection of Georgia hosted a press conference to launch the Earth Hour campaign.
Georgia is joining Earth Hour for the sixth time this year. This largest voluntary environmental action brings together Government, business, civil society, academia, international organizations, students and citizens.
Khatuna Gogaladze, Minister of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia, Inita Paulovica, Deputy Head of the UNDP in Georgia, Nana Janashia, Executive Director of the Caucasus Environment NGO Network (CENN) and Tamaz Gamkrelidze, WWF Georgia talked about the significance of biggest worldwide environmental movement.
One of the Earth Hour celebrations will take place in front of the UN House in Tbilisi on Saturday, 29 March, 20:00 – 21:00.
Join us for Earth Hour 2014! Switch off the light for one hour on 29 March.
One hour of darkness for our brilliant planet.
Inga Nikagosian, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 577 293973 (cell)
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, email@example.com, +995 599 196907 (cell)
Natalia Partskhaladze, CENN, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995595117477
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 04 May 2016:Promoting Sustainable Pastures in Vashlovani Protected Areas
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- Shombi Sharp: "The initiative in Vashlovani Protected Areas is an example of how the protection of the environment can contribute to sustainable development, economic growth and wellbeing of people. Our joint work with the European Union in Georgia and Government of Georgia helps rehabilitate degraded pastures and improve shepherd and farmer livelihoods. It was great to see these important results firsthand." Shombi Sharp, Deputy Head of UNDP Georgia; Ekaterine Grigalava, Deputy Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia; Lasha Moistsrapishvili, Chairman of the Agency of Protected Areas, visited Vashlovani on 4 May to see the results of the project "Clima East: Sustainable Management of Pastures in Georgia". Photos: April Elise Gordon / UNDP about an hour ago
- Shombi Sharp, Deputy Head of UNDP in Georgia; Ekaterine Grigalava, Deputy Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia; Lasha Moistsrapishvili, Chairman of the Agency of Protected Areas, visited Vashlovani Protected Areas on 4 May 2016 to see the results of the project: Clima East - Sustainable Management of Pastures in Georgia. 3 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook