Gender Equality Awards reveals best practices in equal treatment of women and men
7 March 2014. Tbilisi. More than thirty business companies, government and local governance agencies and organizations competed for the Gender Awards 2014 in Georgia. The winners of the contest which was initiated by the UNDP in Georgia with funds from the Swedish Government were announced at the Gala Event.
The event brought together representatives of Georgian and international business, Government, Parliament, civil society, international organisations and the media.
H.E Diana Janse – Ambassador of the Kingdom of Sweden to Georgia, Inita Paulovica – Deputy Head of UNDP in Georgia, and Irakli Sesiashvili – Head of the Defence and Security Committee of the Parliament of Georgia, opened the Awards ceremony.
The awards and recognition certificates for the achievements and best practices in gender parity were handed over by Manana Kobakhidze – Chair of the Gender Equality Council of the Parliament of Georgia, Irakli Sesiashvili – Head of the Defence and Security Committee of the Parliament of Georgia, and representatives of UNDP.
Gender Equality Awards 2014 is part of the annual Gender Week which runs under the theme: Equality for Women is Progress for All. The Gender Week is organized within the frames of the UN joint programme on gender equality funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida).
The Grand Award for Gender Equality:
Alliance Group Microfinance Organization
The Award for Gender Balance at the Executive Level:
ProCredit Bank Georgia
Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia
The Award for the Best and Innovative Gender Policy:
International Corporation ICR
The Woman Entrepreneur Award:
Irma Daushvili, Ltd Dio
For Promoting Women to Technical Positions:
BP Exploration (Caspian Sea) Ltd. Georgia
For Promoting Paternity Leave:
For Social and Community Activism:
IaMamaladze, Guria News
Recognition Award for the achievements in promoting Gender Equality:
Manana Kobakhidze, Chair of the Gender Equality Council of the Parliament of Georgia
Rusudan Kervalishvili, former Chair of the Gender Equality Council of the Parliament of Georgia
Maka Gvritishvili, UNDP Georgia: 551 988999 (mobile), firstname.lastname@example.org
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP Georgia: 599 196907 (mobile), email@example.com
Related ProjectEnhancing Gender Equality in Georgia
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 24 Jun 2016:Justice for All - path to effective and accessible justice system
- 20 Jun 2016:International Conference for Independent, Qualified and Ethical Profession of Lawyers
- 06 Jun 2016:Government of Georgia joins hands with the European Union and United Nations to enhance human rights protection
- How to succeed in farming with 0.25 hectares of land most of which is on a 45-degree slope? How to succeed in farming with limited resources and outdated equipment? What to do if you need advice on how to make your agriculture business more effective? Around 40 journalists of the leading Georgian media are discovering how small farmers in Ajara build their businesses with assistance of the European Union in Georgia and UNDP Georgia. Find out more about the programme ENPARD on our web: http://bit.ly/1lhUlNn საქართველოს წამყვანი მედიის ჟურნალისტები ეცნობიან აჭარის მცირე ფერმერთა გამოწვევებსა და წარმატებებს. მედია ტურის ორგანიზატორები არიან ევროკავშირი და გაეროს განვითარების პროგრამა საქართველოს სოფლის მეურნეობის სამინისტროსთან და აჭარის მთავრობასთან თანამშრომლობით. მეტი ინფორმაცია პროგრამის „ენპარდ“ შესახებ იხილეთ ჩვენს ვებზე: http://bit.ly/1muA2CM Photos: Vladimir Valishvili/UNDP Yesterday AT 04:00 AM
- Second year in a row, the team of Patrol Police won the Integrated Border Management (IBM) Cup 2016 in mini-football. The award ceremony took place on Sunday, 26 June, at MIA Academy of Georgia. Traditionally, the IBM Cup brought together four teams of the border management agencies of Georgia – Border Police, Patrol Police and Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and the Revenue Service of the Ministry of Finance. Yesterday AT 11:49 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook