Gender Equality Awards reveals best practices in equal treatment of women and men
7 March 2014. Tbilisi. More than thirty business companies, government and local governance agencies and organizations competed for the Gender Awards 2014 in Georgia. The winners of the contest which was initiated by the UNDP in Georgia with funds from the Swedish Government were announced at the Gala Event.
The event brought together representatives of Georgian and international business, Government, Parliament, civil society, international organisations and the media.
H.E Diana Janse – Ambassador of the Kingdom of Sweden to Georgia, Inita Paulovica – Deputy Head of UNDP in Georgia, and Irakli Sesiashvili – Head of the Defence and Security Committee of the Parliament of Georgia, opened the Awards ceremony.
The awards and recognition certificates for the achievements and best practices in gender parity were handed over by Manana Kobakhidze – Chair of the Gender Equality Council of the Parliament of Georgia, Irakli Sesiashvili – Head of the Defence and Security Committee of the Parliament of Georgia, and representatives of UNDP.
Gender Equality Awards 2014 is part of the annual Gender Week which runs under the theme: Equality for Women is Progress for All. The Gender Week is organized within the frames of the UN joint programme on gender equality funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida).
The Grand Award for Gender Equality:
Alliance Group Microfinance Organization
The Award for Gender Balance at the Executive Level:
ProCredit Bank Georgia
Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia
The Award for the Best and Innovative Gender Policy:
International Corporation ICR
The Woman Entrepreneur Award:
Irma Daushvili, Ltd Dio
For Promoting Women to Technical Positions:
BP Exploration (Caspian Sea) Ltd. Georgia
For Promoting Paternity Leave:
For Social and Community Activism:
IaMamaladze, Guria News
Recognition Award for the achievements in promoting Gender Equality:
Manana Kobakhidze, Chair of the Gender Equality Council of the Parliament of Georgia
Rusudan Kervalishvili, former Chair of the Gender Equality Council of the Parliament of Georgia
Maka Gvritishvili, UNDP Georgia: 551 988999 (mobile), firstname.lastname@example.org
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP Georgia: 599 196907 (mobile), email@example.com
Related ProjectEnhancing Gender Equality in Georgia
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia 27 April AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " 27 April AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook