Rights of Women with Disabilities
Tbilisi. 5 March, 2014. Findings of the study on the rights of women with disabilities were presented at Hotel Courtyard Marriott.The study was conducted by the Public Defender’s Office with the support of the UN Joint Programme “To Enhance Gender Equality in Georgia”.
With the focus on internally displaced women and female parents with disabilities, the study examines a range of issues, including: adequate living conditions, realization of parental rights, affordable healthcare, education and employment. The study also looks into the national strategies related to the displaced.
Ucha Nanuashvili, Public Defender of Georgia, and Inita Paulovica, Deputy Head of the United Nations Development Programme in Georgia, addressed the participants at the opening session.
Representatives of the Ministry of IDPs from the Occupied Territories, Accommodation and Refugees of Georgia; the Ministry of Education and Science; the Ministry of Labour, Health and Social Affairs; and the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia took part in the discussion together with representatives of civil society and international organisations.
Maka Gvritishvili, UNDP Georgia 551 988999 (mobile), email@example.com
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP Georgia 599 196907 (mobile), firstname.lastname@example.org
Related ProjectEnhancing Gender Equality in Georgia
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com 995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia 27 April AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " 27 April AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook