Gender Week 2014
Gender Week is rolling out in Georgia to celebrate International Women’s Day, 8 March.
Under the theme: Equality for Women is Progress for All, the Gender Week inspires everyone – from government, civil society, businesses to students and individual citizens, to have their share in promoting gender parity. The events on 4-14 March 2014 will take place in different regions across Georgia.
In his message for International Women’s Day 2014, Niels Scott, Head of the United Nations in Georgia, said:
“United Nations firmly believes that gender equality is a foundation for development. The story of struggle for equality belongs to all who care for human rights. Today we are celebrating Georgia’s success in promoting gender equality through legislation and policies. But we also focus on the areas that require further attention to achieve real progress in all aspects of economic, social and political life.”
The Gender Week is organized by the United Nations Office in Georgia and the UN agencies –United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and UN Women, within the framework of the UN joint programme “To Enhance Gender Equality in Georgia” funded by the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida).
Gender Week 2014 calendar:
4 March, 17:00 Public action: Paint bombing gender stereotypes (Rike Park, Tbilisi) - UNDP
5 March, 11:00 Research round-up: analysis of law on the rights of women with disabilities (Courtyard Marriott, Tbilisi) - UNDP
6 March 12:00 Gender Equality Council meeting with the Supreme Council of Adjara and the Supreme Council of Abkhazia (Parliament of Georgia, Kutaisi) - UNDP
7 March, 11:00 Youth Conference “Women and Conflict” (Hotel Ambassador,Tbilisi) - DPI/UNO
7 March, 14:00 Presentation of a survey – Men and Gender Relations in Georgia, 2013 (Tbilisi Marriott, Tbilisi) - UNFPA
7 March, 17:00 Photo exhibition: Women Activism in Georgia’s National Movement, 1980s, (Public Library, Tbilisi) - UN Women
7 March, 19:00 Gender Equality Awards, (Courtyard Marriott, Tbilisi) - UNDP
8 March, 14:00 Exhibition: media works on domestic violence (Marjanishvili Theatre, Tbilisi) - UN Women
14 March Public lecture: Prominent Georgian Women of 19th Century (Zugdidi) - UN Women / Boell Foundation.
Ketevan Ghioshvili, UN Office in Georgia, email@example.com, 599 532268
Related ProjectEnhancing Gender Equality in Georgia
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia Wednesday AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " Wednesday AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook