Georgia Adopts New Border Management Strategy
KACHRETI. 22 February 2014. The Government of Georgia is developing a new State Border Management Strategy to cover a five-year period. The document will be adopted before March 1, 2014. The adoption of a new strategy is one of the requirements of the Visa Liberalization Action Plan between the European Union and Georgia. Some main principles of the strategy were discussed at a specially convened workshop on 20-21 February 2014.
The workshop brought together representatives of the agencies involved in Integrated Border Management, including: Ministry of Internal Affairs; Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection; Ministry of Agriculture; Ministry of Labor, Health and Social Affairs; Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Ministry of Justice; Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from the Occupied Territories, Accommodation and Refugees; Ministry of Defense; National Security Council; National Council of State Security and Crisis Management.
The workshop was organized with assistance of the joint European Union and UNDP initiative “Integrated Border Management between Georgia and Armenia”.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, +995 599 196907 (mobile), email@example.com
Related ProjectIntegrated Border Management at Ninotsminda-Bavra
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 16 Jul 2016:Small Farmers Meet High-Ranking EU Officials
- 30 Jun 2016:Agriculture and Rural Development in Focus of the Georgian Media
- "Objective media plays a critical role at the time of elections", Natia Natsvlishvili for Rustavi 2 speaking of first findings of #mediamonitoring. "ობიექტური მედია განსაკუთრებით მნიშვნელოვანია არჩევნების დროს", ნათია ნაცვლიშვილი მედია მონიტორინგის პირველი ანგარიშის შესახებ. Friday AT 09:11 AM
- First finding of election #mediamonitoring at პირველი არხი Friday AT 08:28 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook