Georgia Advances in Human Rights
TBILISI. 13 February 2014 - The protection and promotion of human rights in Georgia will be guided by the National Strategy and Action Plan. These critical documents were presented on 13 February 2014 at the conference organised by the Government of Georgia with assistance from the European Union, UNDP and the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR).
Irakli Garibashvili, Prime Minister of Georgia, Tea Tsulukiani, Minister of Justice of Georgia, Niels Scott, Head of the United Nations in Georgia, and Thomas Hammarberg, EU Special Adviser on Constitutional and Legal Reform and Human Rights in Georgia, addressed the participants at the opening session.
Tamar Chugoshvili, Assistant to the Prime Minister on Human Rights and Gender Equality Issues presented the Action Plan which describes the Government’s activities in 2014-2015 in the area of human rights. The Action Plan is designed as a flexible and dynamic document and will be approved by the Government of Georgia.
The preparations for developing the National Strategy and Action Plan in Human Rights were launched by the Government of Georgia last December. Consultations over these critical national documents brought together Government agencies, Parliament, civil society, international organizations, and the people of Georgia.
Public discussion on different areas of the Strategy is open at the website: www.YourHumanRights.ge
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, +599 196907, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ana Gochashvili, Government Chancellery, +599 999908, email@example.com
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia Wednesday AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " Wednesday AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook