Electoral Reform Gains Speed in Georgia
Tbilisi. The Government of Georgia, parliamentary and non-parliamentary opposition, civil society and international organizations join hands for the electoral reform. The conference focused on the OSCE/ODIHR recommendations made after the 2013 Presidential Elections and on the future steps in reforming the electoral legislation.
The conference was organized by the UNDP and the OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR), with assistance from the European Union.
The event brought together representatives of the Georgian Parliament, Ministry of Justice, Central Electoral Commission, State Audit Office and the Georgian National Communications Commission (GNCC), as well as from political parties, civil society organizations, international agencies and diplomatic missions.
Head of UNDP in Georgia – Niels Scott, former Deputy Head of the OSCE/ODIHR Election Observation Mission – Donald Bisson, Head of the EU Delegation to Georgia – Ambassador Philip Dimitrov, and the Vice Speaker of Parliament- Manana Kobakhidze, addressed the participants at the opening session.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP Georgia, +599 196907, Sophie.Tchitchinadze@undp.org
Tamar Mikadze, EU Delegation to Georgia, +995 32 2943763, Tamriko.Mikadze@eeas.europa.eu
Thomas Rymer, OSCE/ODIHR, Thomas.Rymer@odihr.pl, +48 609 522 266
Related ProjectAssistance to Electoral Process in Georgia
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia 27 April AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " 27 April AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook