Political Advertising – benefit or burden?
With several months ahead of the local self-governance elections, a group of media experts presented key findings of the research that examines the impact of political advertising on the media and electoral process in Georgia.
The research suggests that an obligation to run free political ads damages low-budget TV channels and creates unequal conditions for political parties. It also provides recommendations to the Parliament about the needed amendments to the legislation.
The research employs quantitative and qualitative data retrieved from the 2013 presidential campaign, the analysis of legal documents, and interviews with political PR specialists and media managers.
The group of media experts includes: Lasha Tugushi, Zviad Koridze, Natia Kuprashvili, Nino Rukhadze.The study is undertaken under the project “Professional Media for Elections” funded by the European Union and UNDP.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, 599 196907 (mobile), Sophie.Tchitchinadze@undp.org
Tamar Mikadze, European Union Delegation to Georgia, +995 32 2943763, Tamriko.Mikadze@eeas.europa.eu
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia 27 April AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " 27 April AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook