Georgia harnesses Swiss experience in vocational education
TBILISI. 19 December 2013 –Representatives of the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia, Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia, Agrarian University of Georgia, Vocational Education Colleges, Farmers Union and Agro Business visited Switzerland this month to learn about best practices in the area of vocational education and farmers’ services.
The Georgian delegation met with representatives of AGRIDEA – the Swiss Association for the development of agriculture and rural areas, Farmers Unions, Agricultural Schools and the Global Forum for Rural Advisory Services (GFRAS). They also visited a typical Swiss farm and the largest Food Processing Plant in the country.
The Swiss and Georgian counterparts discussed the role of the private sector and farmers' associations in agriculture development, and agreed about possible areas of cooperation, such as policy planning and coordination.
The study tour was organized under the initiative in support vocational education and extension in agriculture in Georgia funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and implemented by the United Nations Development Programme. The visit was facilitated by AGRIDEA.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 599 196907
Related ProjectEducation for farmers
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 27 Jul 2016:What Do Georgians Think About Public Services?
- 26 Jul 2016:Public School Opens Doors to Professional Education
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 83% of highland population in Georgia complains about the poor quality of roads. Find out more in our new research: http://bit.ly/2agJqG1 მაღალმთიანი დასახლებების მაცხოვრებელთა 83%-ს მიაჩნია, რომ მათი სოფლების შიდა გზები ცუდ მდგომარეობაშია. მეტი ინფორმაცია ჩვენს ახალ კვლევაში: http://bit.ly/2aaWy4J Wednesday AT 07:06 AM
- About 50% of rural population in Georgia still does not have access to cleaning service. Find out more in our new research: http://bit.ly/2agJqG1 სოფლის მოსახლეობის ნახევარს კვლავაც არ მიეწოდება ნარჩენების გატანის მომსახურება. მეტი ინფორმაცია ჩვენს ახალ კვლევაში: http://bit.ly/2aaWy4J Wednesday AT 07:05 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook