Join Hands for Environment
Tbilisi. 19 December 2013. The Minister of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia, Khatuna Gogaladze, and the Deputy Head of the United Nations Development Programme in Georgia, Inita Paulovica congratulated first winners of the Global Environmental Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme at a reception.
Thirteen Georgian non-governmental and community organizations received funds for environmental projects in the first round of the Small Grants programme.
Small initiatives will be implemented all over Georgia and will address pressing environmental issues in the areas of biodiversity conservation, climate change, international waters, land degradation, chemicals and wastes. Along with environmental benefits, the projects will contribute to poverty reduction, improvement of livelihoods and gender equality.
The total amount of funding makes USD 348,934 while individual grants are up to USD 50 thousand. Each grantee organization made in-kind or cash contribution to their projects, which in total makes USD 422,395.
Winners of the next round will be revealed in 2014. Overall, the Small Grants programme will give out grants for USD 750 thousand.
The small grants initiative is implemented by UNDP with funds from the Global Environmental Facility (GEF) and in cooperation with the Ministry of Environmentand Natural Resources Protection of Georgia.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP Georgia, email@example.com, +995 599 196907
Inga Nikagosian, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 577 293973
Related ProjectGEF Small Grants Programme
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 16 Jul 2016:Small Farmers Meet High-Ranking EU Officials
- 30 Jun 2016:Agriculture and Rural Development in Focus of the Georgian Media
- "Objective media plays a critical role at the time of elections", Natia Natsvlishvili for Rustavi 2 speaking of first findings of #mediamonitoring. "ობიექტური მედია განსაკუთრებით მნიშვნელოვანია არჩევნების დროს", ნათია ნაცვლიშვილი მედია მონიტორინგის პირველი ანგარიშის შესახებ. Yesterday AT 09:11 AM
- First finding of election #mediamonitoring at პირველი არხი Yesterday AT 08:28 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook