All Different, All Equal
The Public Defender’s Office and UNDP brought together Georgian policy-makers, civil society organizations, representatives of national and local authorities, and international organizations to discuss the rights of persons with disabilities.
The discussion on 25 October 2013 focused on the legislative environment and state programmes designed for providing people with disabilities with access to all aspects of public life – employment, education, and social services.
Sophie Kemkhadze of UNDP in Georgia, Paata Beltadze – Deputy Public Defender of Georgia, and David Lomidze – Deputy Minister of Labour, Health and Social Affairs of Georgia, addressed the participant at the opening sessions.
“To address challenges faced by persons with disabilities in Georgia we need to base our work on a comprehensive research which examines vulnerabilities and reveals acute problems,” Sophie Kemkhadze said.
The participants of the conference looked into comprehensive assessments of the status and challenges of persons with disabilities undertaken by the Public Defender’s Office with assistance from UNDP. They also discussed specific results related to persons with disabilities from the UNDP’s earlier research of economic and social vulnerability in Georgia.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, +995 599 196907 (mobile), email@example.com
Nino Eremashvili, Public Defender’s Office of Georgia, +995 577 505230 (mobile)
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Enquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia Wednesday AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " Wednesday AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook