International Parliamentary Conference in Georgia
With less than two months ahead of the Vilnius Summit, Georgia is hosting an International Parliamentary Conference on Monday, 7 October 2013, to discuss the country’s progress towards the European Union.
The event brought together parliament leaders from the Baltic and Central European states, top officials of the Georgian Government, representatives of diplomatic missions, international organizations and civil society.
With the aim to assess Georgia’s achievements and challenges on the path to the European Union, the conference focused on a range of issues, including: the harmonization of the legislation, the completion of talks on the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area Agreement (DCFTA) and the Association Agreement with the European Union as well as on the role of the Parliament in the EU integration process.
David Usupashvili, Chairperson of the Parliament of Georgia, Loreta Grauziniene, Speaker of the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania, Niels Scott, UNDP Resident Representative in Georgia, Philip Dimitrov, Head of European Union Delegation in Georgia, Hans Horbach, Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Georgia
The conference was organised by the Parliament of Georgia with assistance from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Niko Nergadze, Parliament of Georgia, 593 116619 (mobile), email@example.com
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP Georgia, 599 196907 (mobile), firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- Rehabilitation of Vashlovani Pastures 14 hours ago
- Students of Groningen University discuss confidence building initiatives and the joint work of UNDP and the European Union in Georgia. გაეროს სახლში გაიმართას შეხვედრა გრონინგენის უნივერსიტეტის სტუდენტებთან, რომლებიც გაეცნენ ნდობის აღდგენასთან დაკავშირებულ ინიციატივებს და გაეროსა და ევროკავშირის ერთობლივ პროექტებს საქართველოში. 28 April AT 04:00 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook