Elections and the Media
TBILISI. 3 October 2013 – Four Georgian non-governmental organizations presented intermediate results of a pre-election media monitoring.
At a press conference on 3 October 2013, CRRC Georgia, Internews – Georgia, International Society for Fair Elections and Democracy (ISFED), and the Civic Development Institute (CDI), presented key findings in the areas of impartial reporting, and balanced and analytical coverage of the presidential candidates.
They also introduced a revamped website www.mediamonitor.ge with new functions for data analysis which allows users to do their own research.
Pre-election media monitoring runs with assistance from the European Union and UNDP. Kicked off in May 2013, the monitoring focuses on the coverage of the October 2013 presidential elections in Georgia and examines some 40 media outlets, including television, radio, printed press and the online media.
"We believe that media monitoring was one of the factors to push forward positive changes in the Georgian media landscape – stronger links with the public, more accountability to the audience. It is also an effective tool for the media itself. It provides an objective and credible data which both public and the media can use to assist the development of professional and free media, " Said Inita Paulovica, UNDP Resident Representative a.i. in Georgia.
Regular updates and monthly reports are available at the website: www.mediamonitor.ge and the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mediamonitor.ge.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, 599 196907 (mobile), Sophie.Tchitchinadze@undp.org
Tamar Mikadze, European Union Delegation to Georgia, +995 32 2943763, Tamriko.Mikadze@eeas.europa.eu
Related ProjectMedia Monitoring
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia Wednesday AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " Wednesday AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook