Elections and the Media
TBILISI. 3 October 2013 – Four Georgian non-governmental organizations presented intermediate results of a pre-election media monitoring.
At a press conference on 3 October 2013, CRRC Georgia, Internews – Georgia, International Society for Fair Elections and Democracy (ISFED), and the Civic Development Institute (CDI), presented key findings in the areas of impartial reporting, and balanced and analytical coverage of the presidential candidates.
They also introduced a revamped website www.mediamonitor.ge with new functions for data analysis which allows users to do their own research.
Pre-election media monitoring runs with assistance from the European Union and UNDP. Kicked off in May 2013, the monitoring focuses on the coverage of the October 2013 presidential elections in Georgia and examines some 40 media outlets, including television, radio, printed press and the online media.
"We believe that media monitoring was one of the factors to push forward positive changes in the Georgian media landscape – stronger links with the public, more accountability to the audience. It is also an effective tool for the media itself. It provides an objective and credible data which both public and the media can use to assist the development of professional and free media, " Said Inita Paulovica, UNDP Resident Representative a.i. in Georgia.
Regular updates and monthly reports are available at the website: www.mediamonitor.ge and the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mediamonitor.ge.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, 599 196907 (mobile), Sophie.Tchitchinadze@undp.org
Tamar Mikadze, European Union Delegation to Georgia, +995 32 2943763, Tamriko.Mikadze@eeas.europa.eu
Related ProjectMedia Monitoring
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 16 Jul 2016:Small Farmers Meet High-Ranking EU Officials
- 30 Jun 2016:Agriculture and Rural Development in Focus of the Georgian Media
- "Objective media plays a critical role at the time of elections", Natia Natsvlishvili for Rustavi 2 speaking of first findings of #mediamonitoring. "ობიექტური მედია განსაკუთრებით მნიშვნელოვანია არჩევნების დროს", ნათია ნაცვლიშვილი მედია მონიტორინგის პირველი ანგარიშის შესახებ. 23 hours ago
- First finding of election #mediamonitoring at პირველი არხი Yesterday AT 08:28 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook