Gender Analysis of the Labour Code of Georgia
Tbilisi. 30 September 2013 – Gender aspects of the Labour Code of Georgia was in focus of a working meeting on 30 September 2013. The gender theme group, which lists international and local organizations, presented a package of recommendations, and the Vice Speaker of the Georgian Parliament and the Head of the Gender Equality Council, Manana Kobakhidze, introduced the amendments to the Labour Code and the Law on Civil Service.
The meeting brought together representatives of the government, including the Deputy Minister of Justice, Sandro Baramidze, and the Deputy Minister of Labour, Health and Social Affairs, Kakhaber Sakandelidze, civil society, private sector and international organizations.
Inita Paulovica, the Acting Head of UNDP in Georgia, and Elene Rusetskaia, Director of the Women's Information Center, addressed the participants of the meeting.
The meeting was organized by the UN Joint Programme “To Enhance Gender Equality in Georgia” and the Women’s Information Centre.
Maka Gvritishvili, UNDP Georgia: 551 988999 (mobile), email@example.com
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP Georgia: 599 196907 (mobile), firstname.lastname@example.org
Related ProjectEnhancing Gender Equality in Georgia
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia 27 April AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " 27 April AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook