Energy for Sustainable Development
TBILISI. 16 September 2013. The Fourth International Forum "Energy for Sustainable Development" kicked off today, in Tbilisi, Georgia. Over 200 delegates from more than 25 countries are participating in this international event.
The Forum is organized jointly by the Government of Georgia, the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), and the UNDP.
Kakhaber Kaladze, the Vice Prime Minister of Georgia, Minister of Energy, Dimitri Kumsishvili, the Deputy Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development, Andrey Vasilyev, the Deputy Executive Secretary, UNECE, Nikolay Pomoshchnikov, the Head of the Sub-regional Office for North and Central Asia, ESCAP, and Inita Paulovica, the Acting Resident Representative of UNDP in Georgia addressed the participants of the Forum.
The forum is a follow-up to the International Sustainable Energy Forums held in 2010-2012 in Central Asian countries. It supports objectives of the UN Secretary General’s Sustainable Energy for All Initiative.
The Forum is designed for policy makers and experts in the field of energy efficiency and sustainable use of energy, as well as in the fields of economic and social development, environmental protection, governance, financing, and energy and utility infrastructure development.
The Forum explores policies and legislation needed to support energy efficiency improvements, access to cleaner energy, financing energy efficiency, and energy efficiency in buildings and infrastructure. Forum participants discussed the necessary conditions for enabling and encouraging investments in energy efficiency and sustainable use of energy, as well as experiences and good practices from Europe, Asia and other regions of the world.
Jean Rodriguez, UN Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), firstname.lastname@example.org, + 41 22 9172727
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, email@example.com, +995 599 196907
Tea Bolkvadze, Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 599 210403
Lia Bakhtadze, Ministry of Energy of Georgia, email@example.com, +995 577 991943
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze, Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia 27 April AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " 27 April AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook