Energy for Sustainable Development
TBILISI. 16 September 2013. The Fourth International Forum "Energy for Sustainable Development" kicked off today, in Tbilisi, Georgia. Over 200 delegates from more than 25 countries are participating in this international event.
The Forum is organized jointly by the Government of Georgia, the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), and the UNDP.
Kakhaber Kaladze, the Vice Prime Minister of Georgia, Minister of Energy, Dimitri Kumsishvili, the Deputy Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development, Andrey Vasilyev, the Deputy Executive Secretary, UNECE, Nikolay Pomoshchnikov, the Head of the Sub-regional Office for North and Central Asia, ESCAP, and Inita Paulovica, the Acting Resident Representative of UNDP in Georgia addressed the participants of the Forum.
The forum is a follow-up to the International Sustainable Energy Forums held in 2010-2012 in Central Asian countries. It supports objectives of the UN Secretary General’s Sustainable Energy for All Initiative.
The Forum is designed for policy makers and experts in the field of energy efficiency and sustainable use of energy, as well as in the fields of economic and social development, environmental protection, governance, financing, and energy and utility infrastructure development.
The Forum explores policies and legislation needed to support energy efficiency improvements, access to cleaner energy, financing energy efficiency, and energy efficiency in buildings and infrastructure. Forum participants discussed the necessary conditions for enabling and encouraging investments in energy efficiency and sustainable use of energy, as well as experiences and good practices from Europe, Asia and other regions of the world.
Jean Rodriguez, UN Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), firstname.lastname@example.org, + 41 22 9172727
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, email@example.com, +995 599 196907
Tea Bolkvadze, Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia, firstname.lastname@example.org, +995 599 210403
Lia Bakhtadze, Ministry of Energy of Georgia, email@example.com, +995 577 991943
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze, Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 16 Jul 2016:Small Farmers Meet High-Ranking EU Officials
- 30 Jun 2016:Agriculture and Rural Development in Focus of the Georgian Media
- "Objective media plays a critical role at the time of elections", Natia Natsvlishvili for Rustavi 2 speaking of first findings of #mediamonitoring. "ობიექტური მედია განსაკუთრებით მნიშვნელოვანია არჩევნების დროს", ნათია ნაცვლიშვილი მედია მონიტორინგის პირველი ანგარიშის შესახებ. Friday AT 09:11 AM
- First finding of election #mediamonitoring at პირველი არხი Friday AT 08:28 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook