Gender Equality Council of the Parliament of Georgia visits Croatia
Zagreb. 9 September 2013 – Representatives of the Gender Equality Council of the Parliament of Georgia started their 5-day visit to Croatia today. The study tour will strengthen partnership between the Georgian and Croatian decision-makers and will help them exchange information about the mechanisms for ensuring gender balance in political, economic and social life.
The Georgian delegation will meet with the Members of the Parliament of Croatia, Government’s office of Gender Equality, different ministries, as well as with the Ombudswoman for Gender Equality and representatives of Civil Society Organizations.
Georgian and Croatian decision-makers will discuss a range of issues, including: the role of parliament, government and civil society in setting, promoting and implementing gender equality policies; mechanisms to support women’s political and economic empowerment; social security and the protection of human rights from gender perspective.
The study tour is organized by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) offices in Georgia and in Croatia.
Ida Mahečić Bajović, UNDP in Croatia, +385 98 286 142 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org
Maka Gvritishvili, UNDP in Georgia, 551 988999 (cell), email@example.com
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, 599 196907 (cell), firstname.lastname@example.org
Related ProjectEnhancing Gender Equality in Georgia
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- Students of Groningen University discuss confidence building initiatives and the joint work of UNDP and the European Union in Georgia. გაეროს სახლში გაიმართას შეხვედრა გრონინგენის უნივერსიტეტის სტუდენტებთან, რომლებიც გაეცნენ ნდობის აღდგენასთან დაკავშირებულ ინიციატივებს და გაეროსა და ევროკავშირის ერთობლივ პროექტებს საქართველოში. 28 April AT 04:00 AM
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia 27 April AT 02:53 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook