Four Reasons Why Agriculture is Important for the South Caucasus
TBILISI. 4 July 2013 – Employment, growth, poverty reduction and food security make agriculture one of the most important sectors of economy in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia – says UNDP research “Comparative Analysis of Agriculture in the South Caucasus”.
The research compares status and prospects of agriculture in the three countries and assesses its potential impact on development. It also examines a range of factors, such as state policy, access to market and finance, productivity, quality, competition and land use.
Conducted by a team of international and local experts, the research is commissioned by UNDP in Georgia with funds from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
Key findings of the research were presented to the public today. The lead author of the study, Dr. George Welton, talked about the methodology of the research, its main results and recommendations, and answered the questions from representatives of the Georgian Government, international organizations, donors, and independent agencies involved in agriculture development.
Rudolf Schoch, Regional Director, Swiss Cooperation Office South Caucasus, Inita Paulovica, UNDP Deputy Resident Representative in Georgia, and Lita Surmava, Head of International Relations Division, Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia attended the event.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, 599 196907 (mobile), email@example.com
Related PublicationComparative Analysis of Agriculture in the South Caucasus. 2013
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Enquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze, Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 16 Jul 2016:Small Farmers Meet High-Ranking EU Officials
- 30 Jun 2016:Agriculture and Rural Development in Focus of the Georgian Media
- "Objective media plays a critical role at the time of elections", Natia Natsvlishvili for Rustavi 2 speaking of first findings of #mediamonitoring. "ობიექტური მედია განსაკუთრებით მნიშვნელოვანია არჩევნების დროს", ნათია ნაცვლიშვილი მედია მონიტორინგის პირველი ანგარიშის შესახებ. 23 hours ago
- First finding of election #mediamonitoring at პირველი არხი Yesterday AT 08:28 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook