Four Reasons Why Agriculture is Important for the South Caucasus
TBILISI. 4 July 2013 – Employment, growth, poverty reduction and food security make agriculture one of the most important sectors of economy in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia – says UNDP research “Comparative Analysis of Agriculture in the South Caucasus”.
The research compares status and prospects of agriculture in the three countries and assesses its potential impact on development. It also examines a range of factors, such as state policy, access to market and finance, productivity, quality, competition and land use.
Conducted by a team of international and local experts, the research is commissioned by UNDP in Georgia with funds from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
Key findings of the research were presented to the public today. The lead author of the study, Dr. George Welton, talked about the methodology of the research, its main results and recommendations, and answered the questions from representatives of the Georgian Government, international organizations, donors, and independent agencies involved in agriculture development.
Rudolf Schoch, Regional Director, Swiss Cooperation Office South Caucasus, Inita Paulovica, UNDP Deputy Resident Representative in Georgia, and Lita Surmava, Head of International Relations Division, Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia attended the event.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP in Georgia, 599 196907 (mobile), firstname.lastname@example.org
Related PublicationComparative Analysis of Agriculture in the South Caucasus. 2013
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Enquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze, Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia 27 April AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " 27 April AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook