For Greener and Cleaner Georgia
GEORGIA. 16 June 2013 – Thousands of volunteers, a number of ministries, municipalities, universities, schools, business companies and civil society organizations joined hands for a nation-wide clean-up campaign "For Greener and Cleaner Georgia".
This largest ever environmental action in Georgia covered more than 80 sites across the country, including the vicinities of historic and cultural monuments, schools, universities, medical facilities and public buildings; and selected locations in the protected areas and national parks.
The campaign is organized by the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia in cooperation with the wide range of supporters and participants:
- Key governmental agencies, including the ministries and the Parliament of Georgia
- Local municipalities in all regions of the country;
- United Nations Development Programme and the UN Office in Georgia
- American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham)
- Business companies: Wissol Group, Smart, IDS Borjomi, Aversi, Toyota Caucasus, Renault
- Non-governmental and media organizations: Caucasus Environmental NGO Network (CENN), Palitra Media, ECOVISION, Clean Georgia
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Enquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze, Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- Job opening at our environmental portfolio. Follow the link to learn details. ახალი ვაკანსია ჩვენს გარემოსდაცვით პორტფელში. 15 hours ago
- Seeking innovative initiatives in a wide range of areas and activities, including support to improving the lives of people and living conditions of local communities affected by conflict. COBERM-3 საპროექტო იდეების მიღებას იწყებს. მიყევით ლინკს მეტი ინფორმაციისათვის. 23 August AT 03:59 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook