For Greener and Cleaner Georgia
GEORGIA. 16 June 2013 – Thousands of volunteers, a number of ministries, municipalities, universities, schools, business companies and civil society organizations joined hands for a nation-wide clean-up campaign "For Greener and Cleaner Georgia".
This largest ever environmental action in Georgia covered more than 80 sites across the country, including the vicinities of historic and cultural monuments, schools, universities, medical facilities and public buildings; and selected locations in the protected areas and national parks.
The campaign is organized by the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Georgia in cooperation with the wide range of supporters and participants:
- Key governmental agencies, including the ministries and the Parliament of Georgia
- Local municipalities in all regions of the country;
- United Nations Development Programme and the UN Office in Georgia
- American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham)
- Business companies: Wissol Group, Smart, IDS Borjomi, Aversi, Toyota Caucasus, Renault
- Non-governmental and media organizations: Caucasus Environmental NGO Network (CENN), Palitra Media, ECOVISION, Clean Georgia
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Enquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze, Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 27 Jul 2016:What Do Georgians Think About Public Services?
- 26 Jul 2016:Public School Opens Doors to Professional Education
- 22 Jul 2016:Civil Society Releases First Findings of Election Media Monitoring
- 83% of highland population in Georgia complains about the poor quality of roads. Find out more in our new research: http://bit.ly/2agJqG1 მაღალმთიანი დასახლებების მაცხოვრებელთა 83%-ს მიაჩნია, რომ მათი სოფლების შიდა გზები ცუდ მდგომარეობაშია. მეტი ინფორმაცია ჩვენს ახალ კვლევაში: http://bit.ly/2aaWy4J Wednesday AT 07:06 AM
- About 50% of rural population in Georgia still does not have access to cleaning service. Find out more in our new research: http://bit.ly/2agJqG1 სოფლის მოსახლეობის ნახევარს კვლავაც არ მიეწოდება ნარჩენების გატანის მომსახურება. მეტი ინფორმაცია ჩვენს ახალ კვლევაში: http://bit.ly/2aaWy4J Wednesday AT 07:05 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook