Legal aid centre opens in Marneuli
TBILISI. 16 May 2013 – More than 130 thousand residents of the Marneuli municipality, almost 80 per cent of them national minority, will receive free legal assistance in the new Consultation Centre.
Sozar Subari, the Minister of Corrections and Legal Assistance of Georgia, and Jamie McGoldrick, the Head of the United Nations Development Programme in Georgia attended the opening and met with the Consultation Centre staff and local residents.
The centre will provide legal counselling to the residents of Marneuli and the nearby villages, assist in drafting legal documents, and whenever needed will readdress cases to the Legal Aid Bureau in Rustavi. Counselling will provided in Georgian and Azerbaijani languages.
The centre in Marneuli is the sixteenth legal aid site in Georgia and the fifth site – together with the offices in Gori, Akhaltsikhe, Akhalkalaki and Tsalka, opened and equipped with assistance from the United Nations Development Programme.
The Legal Aid Service is an important component of judicial reform in Georgia making the justice system more accessible to all Georgians including the poor, displaced by conflict or members of national minorities.
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Inquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia 27 April AT 02:53 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook