Enhancing confidence building efforts
TBILISI. 22 March 2013 - The Government of the Netherlands, through the Dutch Stability Fund, contributed Euro 200 thousand for the implementation of a joint EU/UNDP initiative – Confidence Building Early Response Mechanism (COBERM).
Jamie McGoldrick, Head of the United Nations Development Programme in Georgia, and Angele Samura, Deputy Head of Mission of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, signed an agreement on 22 March 2013, in the UN House in Tbilisi.
Ambassador Philip Dimitrov, Head of the EU Delegation to Georgia, attended the event.
The overall objective of COBERM is to foster a peaceful transformation of conflicts. The programme supports civil society initiatives with a demonstrable impact on confidence building within and across conflict divided communities.
The first stage of the programme in 2010-2012 featured a number of successful projects, such as: youth summer camps, peace journalism, publishing of a Georgian-Ossetian and Ossetian-Georgian dictionary, a collection of stories and discussion papers by the South Caucasus writers and scholars, and digitalisation of archive documents related to Abkhazia.
The second stage of the programme will run till May 2015 with Euro 5 million in EU funding.
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Enquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze Communications Analyst
email@example.com +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia Wednesday AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " Wednesday AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook