New kindergarten opens in Nokalakevi
ZUGDIDI. 6 March 2013. A new kindergarten in Nokalakevi, Senaki district will serve more than 40 children, many of them from the displaced families.
The Head of UNDP in Georgia, Jamie McGoldrick, and the Head of Senaki Municipality, Tengiz Adamia, attended the opening of a new kindergarten and met with teachers, children and parents.
"Better future starts with better education and better life for our children. That is why local residents named a new kindergarten among their most pressing needs," Jamie McGoldrick said.
The construction of a kindergarten was agreed by the local residents at the community meetings facilitated by UNDP.
UNDP took a lead in organising the construction process with funds from the Government of Norway and financial contributions from the Senaki Municipality.
UNDP has been assisting the region of Samegrelo since 2010 with up to USD 3 million in funding from the government of Norway. UNDP’s support focuses on social and economic security of the displaced and their host communities.
With the aim to boost the region’s economy and increase the quality of life for all, UNDP is assisting professional education, agriculture and business development.
The list of UNDP-supported social infrastructure and community initiatives includes repairing of the water supply system and rehabilitation of kindergartens and sport sites in the municipalities of Khobi, Senaki, Tsalenjikha and Poti.
Working closely with the local authorities and people, UNDP also helped to compile development plans for 51 communities and three municipalities – Khobi, Senaki and Tsalenjikha.
More than 80 thousand people in Samegrelo have benefitted from the UNDP’s programme since 2010.
Sophie Tchitchinadze, UNDP Georgia, 599 196907, Sophie.Tchitchinadze@undp.org
Contact UNDP in GeorgiaMedia Enquiries Sophie Tchitchinadze, Communications Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.org +995 32 2251126 ext.158
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 12 Apr 2016:Enhancing Personal Data Protection
- 31 Mar 2016:Mediation – Dispute Resolution Alternative
- Rehabilitation of Vashlovani Pastures 18 hours ago
- Students of Groningen University discuss confidence building initiatives and the joint work of UNDP and the European Union in Georgia. გაეროს სახლში გაიმართას შეხვედრა გრონინგენის უნივერსიტეტის სტუდენტებთან, რომლებიც გაეცნენ ნდობის აღდგენასთან დაკავშირებულ ინიციატივებს და გაეროსა და ევროკავშირის ერთობლივ პროექტებს საქართველოში. 28 April AT 04:00 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook