UNDP plays a leading role in international engagement, especially in Abkhazia, including coordination, strategic guidance and advice to the Georgian Government, donors and implementing partners.
We also assist the displaced and their host communities to become self-sustainable, receive better education, start new businesses and improve job prospects.
Confidence Building Early Response Mechanism (COBERM)
The EU/UNDP programme looks for specific initiatives that facilitate people-to-people contacts, contribute to good governance and media, address security and safety concerns, and improve environment for peaceful resolution of conflicts.
Since 2011, COBERM has assisted a number of joint activities, such as youth summer camps, peace journalism, and the rehabilitation of infrastructure near the Administrative Boundary Lines.
News from Crisis Prevention & Recovery
- 15 Dec 2015:Strengthening Emergency Management in Georgia
- 14 Dec 2015:Building skills and investing in new sectors needed to create job opportunities in developing Europe and Central Asia: 2015 Human Development Report
- 11 Nov 2015:UNDP Stands with the People of Georgia
- #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals Learn how UNDP is assisting Georgia with major institutional reforms. Our decade-long support brings innovation and reforms into the public sector. მმართველობის რეფორმის ფონდი UNDP-ის ერთ-ერთი წამყვანი პროექტია, რომელიც ხელს უწყობს რეფორმების გატარებას საქართველოს საჯარო სექტორში. პროგრამა გაგრძელდება 2016 წელს. Wednesday AT 01:47 AM
- Institute for Development of Freedom of Information (IDFI), with assistance from the Government of Germany, brings together top Georgian politicians, civil society and international organizations to discuss the Prospects of Georgia’s Democratic and Economic Development. with Niels Scott Gigi Bregadze Sopo Guruli Wednesday AT 01:30 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook