UNDP plays a leading role in international engagement, especially in Abkhazia, including coordination, strategic guidance and advice to the Georgian Government, donors and implementing partners.
We also assist the displaced and their host communities to become self-sustainable, receive better education, start new businesses and improve job prospects.
Confidence Building Early Response Mechanism (COBERM)
The EU/UNDP programme looks for specific initiatives that facilitate people-to-people contacts, contribute to good governance and media, address security and safety concerns, and improve environment for peaceful resolution of conflicts.
Since 2011, COBERM has assisted a number of joint activities, such as youth summer camps, peace journalism, and the rehabilitation of infrastructure near the Administrative Boundary Lines.
News from Crisis Prevention & Recovery
- 13 Apr 2016:UNDP tops global index for international aid transparency for second consecutive year
- 23 Feb 2016:UNDP at 50: World must step up to beat poverty by 2030
- 15 Feb 2016:COBERM-3: Call for Project Ideas
- UNDP’s flood project in #Georgia attracts international attention for its innovative approaches and tangible results. See in the UNDP's global publication: Impact Series | Strengthening Flood Resilience in Georgia. Find out more about the project on our web: http://bit.ly/1UUqbpP რიონის ხეობაში განხორციელებული პროექტის საერთაშორისო გამოძახილი. პროექტის შედეგები და ინოვაციური მიდგომები UNDP-ის გლობალურ გამოცემაში. #UNDP50 #SDGs #GlobalGoals UNDP in Europe and Central Asia 27 April AT 02:53 AM
- Niels Scott: "Corporate Social Responsibility is corporate citizenship, a form of our collective accountability to transform lives for better and speed up social change. " 27 April AT 02:36 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook