Livelihood Development in Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti
With this joint programme UNDP and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) assist the displaced persons and their host communities in Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti, a north-west region of Georgia. The programme is designed to:
- Strengthen the national system of IDP protection;
- Develop a transitional strategy from direct humanitarian assistance to sustainable human development;
- Boost local development and address poverty.
What We Do
UNDP’s assistance focuses on promoting agriculture and supporting small farmers in the region. Target groups of the programme include displaced and local residents in Senaki, Martvili and Abasha municipalities. Overall, the programme provides assistance to up to 200 farming households.
- Development of agriculture extension services;
- Introduction of new farming technologies;
- Assistance to small farmers in diversifying their products and reaching out for wider market.
Who finances it
- Start date:
- January 2013
- End date:
- January 2015
- Geographic coverage:
- Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti
- Zugdidi Teaching University