Economic Development Team Leader
Livelihood Development in Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti
With this joint programme UNDP and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) assisted internally displaced persons (IDPs) and host communities in the regions of Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti, north-west Georgia. The programme was designed to strengthen a national system of the IDP protection, develop a transitional strategy from direct humanitarian assistance to sustainable human development, and boost local development and address poverty.
What We Do
UNDP’s assistance focused on promoting agriculture and supporting small farmers in the region. Target groups of the programme included displaced and local residents in Senaki, Martvili and Abasha municipalities. The programme provided assistance to up to 200 farming households.
- Development of agriculture extension services.
- Introduction of new farming technologies.
- Assistance to small farmers in diversifying their products and reaching out for wider market.
Who finances it
- Start date:
- January 2013
- End date:
- January 2015
- Geographic coverage:
- Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti
- Zugdidi Teaching University
- US$ 290,000
- Funded by:
Focus AreaEconomic Development
Joint Programme Document
- Livelihood Development in Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti
Contact Person in UNDP