Georgia’s Third National Communication to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change
Georgia is a party to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and is responsible for performing and submitting its National Communications - comprehensive documents that update the information over the national context, including greenhouse gas inventories, vulnerabilities to climate change, and mitigation and adaptation measures. UNDP is assisting Georgia to address global environmental challenges as well as meet international obligations under the UN conventions.
What We Do
With funds from the Global Environment Facility (GEF), UNDP assisted the Government of Georgia to produce the Third National Communication to the UNFCCC in close partnership with all relevant stkeholders, including for the Ministries and Government agencies, academic and research institutions, and civil society organizations.
- Electronic database for the greenhouse gas (GHGs) inventory.
- 2006-2010 GHG inventory for the following aconomy sectors: energy (excluding transport), industry, waste, land-use and forestry.
- Climate Change Adaptation Strategy for Ajara Autonomous Republic.
- Climate Change Adaptation Strategy for Upper Svaneti.
- Climate Change Impact on Agriculture in Kakheti.
Who finances it
|Global Environmental Facility (GEF)