Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
Eliminating Persistent Organic Pollutants from the Environment
What We Do
With funds from the Global Environment Facility, UNDP assists the government in meeting the obligations under the Stockholm Convention. Our support seeks to minimize the release of POPs from the pesticide stockpiles; improve the legislation; and build national capacities in the POPs disposal management.
- 230 tons of Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) exported from Georgia and incinerated in an environmentally sound manner.
- Releases from the obsolete pesticide dump minimized.
- Legal and administrative skills and knowledge for the POPs related hazardous waste management enhanced.
Who finances it
|Total Budget||US$ 1,150,000
- Start Date:
- November 2011
- End Date:
- March 2015
- Geographic Coverage:
- Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources of Georgia, Local Municipalities
- US$ 1,150,000
- Funded by:
- Global Environment Facility (GEF)